MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Blue Monster 65 Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 pm
Since I've made the decision to sell my LIVE, I want to know if anyone here knows about the included MPC 2.1 software; specifically, do I need to transfer the license or ... ?

I've got the question in to Akai, but just in case they don't get back to me anytime soon ... :-D

Thanks in advance!
By kaydigi Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 am
Blue Monster 65 wrote:Since I've made the decision to sell my LIVE, I want to know if anyone here knows about the included MPC 2.1 software; specifically, do I need to transfer the license or ... ?

I've got the question in to Akai, but just in case they don't get back to me anytime soon ... :-D

Thanks in advance!

You just call to deactivate it, then the new user activates it on their end. If they have an issue, they can call and get the registrations reset.
By Danoc Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 pm
Love the ease of upgrading firmware and installations of the software. 2.1 is very freakin nice. All Akai gotta do is keep working on these machines.

kaydigi wrote:Really need to give akai props on how they handled the activation/deactivate since the Ren launch. I always though they would mess that up and people would end up with paper weights.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 pm
kaydigi wrote:Really need to give akai props on how they handled the activation/deactivate since the Ren launch. I always though they would mess that up and people would end up with paper weights.

My Mpc Studio/Touch/and Ren are all paper weights. I might sell them on eBay for cheap.
By kaydigi Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:00 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:

My Mpc Studio/Touch/and Ren are all paper weights. I might sell them on eBay for cheap.

What happened?
By Danoc Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:12 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dammmmmmmmmmmmm! lol That Live is a beast though. 2.1 is on point.

MPCWeapon1 wrote:

What happened?

My MPC Live made them all obsolete.
By Efebeats Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:25 am
Hello, sorry for reviving this old post, but i'm having a little trouble activating my desktop software. I bought a second hand mpc live and i'm trying to make it work on controller mode. I allready registred the mpc on my akaipro account, but when i use the activation key i get this message ''the code redemption limit has been reached. please enter a different code'' anyone knows what could it be? do i need to get the ilok liscence trasfer or is it still automatic? thanks in advance!