MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavetable808 Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 am
Hey,

I'm try to record MIDI out data to my DAW but I cannot get it to work.

When I am in MIDI mode it works fine, but I then I cant hear what I'm playing.

When I switch back to another mode to hear what I'm playing the MIDI out data stops.

There's a similar problem with changing the MIDI notes transmitted by each pad. Only works in MIDI control mode.

Any help greatly appreciated.
By wavetable808 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:56 am
Thanks cloud777.

Yeah, I can change the outputs in the preference section (so for example, I have Pad A1 sending note C3 etc), however, when I switch to any mode other than the MIDI control mode it seems to stop working.

I can see on the X that it is transmitting MIDI out and I've checked channels are correct etc but it seems to stop working.

I've tried recording data into my DAW but there's nothing and it also stops triggering the drum machine I am trying to get it to trigger.

I'm using old skool MIDI cable (not USB).

Thanks again.
By wavetable808 Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:25 am
BUMP!!!

Cloud777, I cant see anywhere to assign the outputs from the software in the preference tab.

I can see it only in the MIDI control centre. It all works fine in the control centre but as soon as I switch to use the sequencer I lose MIDI out.

C'mon, surely I can use the sequencer on the X to control my other drum machines.
By sneakydisco Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 pm
MASSIVE FAIL AKAI !!
THE MPC X DOES NOT SEND OUT A TRIGGER VIA MMC WHEN IN CONTROLLER MODE
I was told week or two ago that the next update will FIX THE MIDI TRIGGER BUG !!!! i really hope so , as at the moment the MPC X gives the option to send out a midi trigger to other devices to START , i.e. trigger a start message to a drum machine . IT DOESNT DO THIS WHEN LINKED TO THE SOFTWARE . It only does this in standalone mode.
Why give the option in the settings page when it doesn't work . THIS IS SURELY FALSE ADVERTISING !!
Sort this out AKAI , this mpcx is supposed to be a studio hub ! its useless if doesn't send out MMC or midi start AND clock messages .
I was told it would be in 2.2 .
oh and also SAMPLE CROSSFADE BLEND THINGY .
forget wifi , room to room , midi learning , GET THE BASSICS RIGHT !
By sneakydisco Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:58 pm
The MPC X doesn't send out MMC or midi clock when in 2.1 controller mode. (even though it gives you the option to in the software preferences. . . (epic fail that will be addressed in 2.2 Akai told me).
It sends out MMC and midi data from all 4 ports if set in preferences in standalone only.
By cloud777 Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:02 pm
wavetable808 wrote:BUMP!!!

Cloud777, I cant see anywhere to assign the outputs from the software in the preference tab.

I can see it only in the MIDI control centre. It all works fine in the control centre but as soon as I switch to use the sequencer I lose MIDI out.

C'mon, surely I can use the sequencer on the X to control my other drum machines.

If your in controller mode you need to goto the preference page and assign that midi out in that preference page, i will take a look on asactly where it is when im home
By cloud777 Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm
select MPC X Port 1 in the MIDI tab of the MPC Software Preferences menu. Use this menu to configure all ports on which you will be sending MIDI data to external devices. After you have done that, assign the MIDI tracks to the port from which you want your external MIDI device to receive data and the MIDI channel if applicable.
By sneakydisco Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 pm
sneakydisco wrote:The MPC X doesn't send out MMC or midi clock when in 2.1 controller mode. (even though it gives you the option to in the software preferences. . . (epic fail that will be addressed in 2.2 Akai told me).
It sends out MMC and midi data from all 4 ports if set in preferences in standalone only.

YUP < THIS IS NOW FIXED IN 2.2 !!!!

nice one AKAI RED