MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Zbmstudios Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi, new to the forum and just bought my MPC Live this week. (Love it and so glad it's portable).
I was just wondering, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, is there a way to browse samples by categories or "page" through them. I've tried scrolling while holding shift but it still only goes one sample at a time. Any tips?
By kaydigi Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:25 pm
Zbmstudios wrote:Hi, new to the forum and just bought my MPC Live this week. (Love it and so glad it's portable).
I was just wondering, and maybe I'm doing something wrong, is there a way to browse samples by categories or "page" through them. I've tried scrolling while holding shift but it still only goes one sample at a time. Any tips?

Was probably one of the first complaints ever made about the touch/Live/x.
By Zbmstudios Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:41 pm
Thanks for the reply. So I take it there is no solution yet, I checked the manual but I didn't see anything.
By Crumb$ Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:22 pm
I had been wondering the same thing. I've just a Live to replace the Maschine Mikro I've been using. Already it's way better but I did like the filter system in Maschines browser.

So far I've been typing in "Kick" or "snare" etc in to the search bar to try and narrow things down, but I'm not sure then if I'm missing out on things in the list.
By kaydigi Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 pm
Zbmstudios wrote:Thanks for the reply. So I take it there is no solution yet, I checked the manual but I didn't see anything.

Crumb$ wrote:I had been wondering the same thing. I've just a Live to replace the Maschine Mikro I've been using. Already it's way better but I did like the filter system in Maschines browser.

So far I've been typing in "Kick" or "snare" etc in to the search bar to try and narrow things down, but I'm not sure then if I'm missing out on things in the list.

pspsounds wrote:Right now you have to be inside the actual folder in order for the search function to work

The browser is standalone and desktop are terrible. The only thing that alleviates some of that mess is converting kits to expansions. That way you can go straight to kicks/snares/percussion etc....

I converted my whole library to expansions just to avoid that browsing mess.
By Crumb$ Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 am
kaydigi wrote:

The browser is standalone and desktop are terrible. The only thing that alleviates some of that mess is converting kits to expansions. That way you can go straight to kicks/snares/percussion etc....

I converted my whole library to expansions just to avoid that browsing mess.

...I just wrote that down. Seems like a great idea to me.
By Danoc Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Nah, this ain't Omnisphere 2 or Hive LOL I have no problem doing it, I scroll through with my fingers pretty quick, but this is not about me. Yet one day they might fix that problem with a new update. Put that in to Akai and hope they do that. That should be easy to do.

Zbmstudios wrote:Hi, new to the forum and just bought my MPC Live this week. (Love it and so glad it's portable).
By elstebbano Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 am
If you have a long list of samples, you can speed up browsing through that list if you scroll with 2 fingers, if that might help you a little bit.
By turbo46 Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:31 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Hit the wave option to sort by WAV..
turbo46 wrote:The browser is ****. When i type snare it find just the folder name no the samples inside :?

If you had multiple folders, it can't find the samples inside them. Maschine does it very well, creating categories