MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Staxsol Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:38 am
Working on a song, I muted something, I now can't hear anything but can't figure out how to unmute. If I load another project, it plays fine, so it isn't my set-up or soundcard or speakers. The midi tracks play but I can't hear them and the only thing I can see as the issue is when I go to master out nothing seems to be routed through. Any ideas?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:15 am
Is the project only midi tracks, or do you have other types of track as well (plugin, drum, keygroup etc)? If you load up any drum kit and play the pads, do you hear any audio? What about in the browser when you preview sounds? And in SAMPLE EDIT? Or is it just when playing a sequence?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:54 am
Go to channel mixer and see there's anything obvious across all channel types. But could be a bug. If you make a new project, go to browser, find the project, hit the gear icon and unselect 'Hide project folders' , try loading the sequences and programs into the blank project. Is everything playing fine?
By 40Beatz Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:43 pm
He may have Automated a Program change or something
By Staxsol Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:46 pm
Firstly thank you all for your support in replying, sorry I've not added I didn't expect such a community. OK, I noticed the Full level button is lit, I've never used this function. No automations have been added to the track but the TRK volume has the garbage can icon lit, tapping this does nothing though.
By Staxsol Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:58 pm
Image Sound seems to be there but selecting a sound and pressing the pad nothing comes out.
Image Nothing seem to me going to the master out?
Image I have not added automation as yet but looking at the TRK Vol the garbage can is lit, pressing it does nothing.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:58 pm
Assuming there's no hardware issue (which would affect all projects), it has to be a bug, the audio in sample edit shouldn't be affected by anything you've inadvertently set in your project. There have been bugs that involve losing all audio, but a reboot would always fix this.

Try recreating the bulk of the project by loading all the programs and sequences from the projectData folder
By Staxsol Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:38 pm
Is there anyway to download and report the bug to the development team?
It was only a start to a project anyway I can easily recreate the sample cuts, beats and bass. Anyway to stop this happening again?
Thanks for the support, too
By BackOnDaMPC Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 pm
I don't remember what I did to cause the problem, but I do remember experiencing this issue before. For me, my solution was to manually load the project from the browser (standalone mode). Voila!

This is the video that saved me...