MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:07 pm
Not really, because the efficiency of the OS, especially when streamlined for ONE set of hardware specs (vs. a computer) shows that older standards don't really reflect what current specs can achieve. The speed of data transfer / swapping on an SSD is so insane vs. old HDD's, for example, pick up the slack of lower processor & RAM layouts.
By jpeg Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 pm
chasing updates for the sake of having the latest gear is pointless; what new features would be possible if the mpc had those latest chips?

also poeople speak of the greatness of the 4K and MV range but obviously they run on outdated cpu's
By Icepulse Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 pm
tiger001 wrote:
Fanu wrote:Does that have any relevance in terms of the features currently designed for the units…probably not.

good that you are here to point out all of us our responsabilities

whut..

Sorry, Tiger.... that sentence makes no sense, in context.
By Fanu Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:29 pm
jpeg wrote:also poeople speak of the greatness of the 4K and MV range but obviously they run on outdated cpu's

This was my point exactly.
You don't need the latest CPU that won't be outdated for the first 3 years to make a good machine.
A good machine is one that handles the most important basic features *right* and addresses the most important needs – without being a pain in the a$$ and buggy to use.
Add a few nice and modern tricks to that, and you have a killer device.
None of that takes an expensive, ultra-modern and ultra-expensive CPU…think of 4K or MV, for example.
Sure enough I dont know what CPU they use but I'd figure they're laughable by today's standards.
By starmanwarz Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:19 pm
In a couple of months, when the new MPC's will still be under top secret development and Akai will continue to not interact with the customers, I can see most of us completely forgetting about them and moving on... It already seems like many are losing interest.
By Danoc Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm
Im looking to see if l can get the Live from $950 to $ 1034.

zangetsu01 wrote:It seems that I was just in time with my pre-order. Baxshop has also raised their price to 1899,- Euro.
With the 10% discount I got it for 1619,- Euro. :worthy:

I am happy for you. Is Bax Shop over saes? Im in the USA.
Last edited by Danoc on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:54 pm
I haven't lost interest l just want the dam thing already.

starmanwarz wrote:In a couple of months, when the new MPC's will still be under top secret development and Akai will continue to not interact with the customers, I can see most of us completely forgetting about them and moving on... It already seems like many are losing interest.
By Ill-Green Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 pm
starmanwarz wrote:In a couple of months, when the new MPC's will still be under top secret development and Akai will continue to not interact with the customers, I can see most of us completely forgetting about them and moving on... It already seems like many are losing interest.

You know what, more info leak on the Digitakt and its beginning to look like a cool and decent sampler. As someone at gearslutz mentioned its a "mini SP1200". Made me forget about the Live for a couple days, I tell you the truth.

Still not gonna cancel my order but made me think.