MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:16 pm
willisill wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Totally illogical.

My reasoning is illogical or Akai's rollout is illogical? I'm just looking at how they've handled basically everything they've done in the last few years, and I'm starting to think dropping a g on the Live is a bad move. Do I really want to wait a year plus for PDC, sidechain, and portamento? This is stuff I use every single day. Standalone and battery power is cool, but I'm just over this company and their bs.

All of the delays are a consequence of Akai's concerted effort to deliver the best possible experience on day one. If you get a bug up your culo that the device & 2.0 update are taking longer than expected, then go get a Push 2 and be done with it!! Akai never promised a hard date for anything, and they'll deliver when it's ready. But the pissing and moaning exhibited here (not singling anyone out) is annoying as HELL. I want an MPC. When it's ready, I'll cop it. Until then, I'll use what I've got. End of drama! If I want multiple tools that MPC isn't promising, and Push 2 has, I'll get a Push 2!! Holy crap! I want a standalone MPC, and whatever the limitations are, I'll work around.
By willisill Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:41 pm
Icepulse wrote:All of the delays are a consequence of Akai's concerted effort to deliver the best possible experience on day one. If you get a bug up your culo that the device & 2.0 update are taking longer than expected, then go get a Push 2 and be done with it!! Akai never promised a hard date for anything, and they'll deliver when it's ready. But the pissing and moaning exhibited here (not singling anyone out) is annoying as HELL. I want an MPC. When it's ready, I'll cop it. Until then, I'll use what I've got. End of drama! If I want multiple tools that MPC isn't promising, and Push 2 has, I'll get a Push 2!! Holy ****! I want a standalone MPC, and whatever the limitations are, I'll work around.

You're obviously singling me out and, honestly, you're creating far more drama than my post with the 30 exclamation points. I'm voicing some real concerns as someone who's owned their products in the past. Akai never promises hard dates for anything because they can't. You really think people aren't gonna b*tch about 2.0 14 months after it was announced (which will be about a year and a half by the time it's out)? And now we're pushing past Q1 for this new line, but I should just continue to gobble their d*ck? That's cool you'll work around it. For most other people who actually use the stuff I'm talking about, it's a legit concern. Their timeframes are f*cked. "Implemented soon" for Akai means half years, not weeks. Look at the Sierra drivers for the Ren. So if I wanna speak on it, I will. You think my music stopped bc the Live is delayed? lol. Nah, I'm just annoyed with this rollout as are half the people here. If it bothers you, close your eyes or put me on ignore.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm
If anybody should be mad it should be me. I waited 8 years for a new MV or SP from Roland and every NAMM, its a gotdam accordion, hows that for circusy. A new accordion every **** year! You know, I'm tired of that shit. Now this is what I am looking for and its coming around the corner. I'm gonna be happy when these drop ;)
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:27 am
Dam l feel for you.lma just waut and see what happens. Is that Zzounds? Ill wait on preordering though.
You have a legit beef. Especially when you are putting your money out there.

willisill wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Totally illogical.

My reasoning is illogical or Akai's rollout is illogical? I'm just looking at how they've handled basically everything they've done in the last few years, and I'm starting to think dropping a g on the Live is a bad move. Do I really want to wait a year plus for PDC, sidechain, and portamento? This is stuff I use every single day. Standalone and battery power is cool, but I'm just over this company and their bs.
By Coz Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:49 am
jpeg wrote:on the contrary the people switching from older legacy units who require file compatibility is irrelevant to me; as I dont have any need for that feature.

everyone will asses 2.0 based upon their own requirements its all relative.

This is MPC Forums not jpeg's blog. People on here couldn't give a single shit about the features you're disinterested in or don't need. Next time you have a brain fart, PM Jah and talk it through with him instead. :wink:
By Coz Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 am
kejlabal wrote:Coz, you should open a topic on the community at akai.
In this topic, Nick D said that every legacy MPCs are supported :
http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional/topics/can-the-mpc-software-play-mpc-2000-xl-beats

Tutor already made a video for legacy project compatibility with version 1.0 of the software, and support seems to have gone backwards since then. 2KXL files are patchy and don't transfer that well. The workaround for getting JJOS XL files to work seems broken now, and 4K files come down to the toss of a coin as to what you end up getting.

As an advertised feature it's quite a let down, but hey ho, it is what it is.
By willisill Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am
Danoc wrote:Dam l feel for you.lma just waut and see what happens. Is that Zzounds? Ill wait on preordering though.
You have a legit beef. Especially when you are putting your money out there.

Yeah, I can't be mad at zzounds since they're just waiting on the units from Akai. I think i'm just over the teaser videos and coming soon nonsense without any type of concrete info. I'm cancelling my preorder and waiting on the reviews. There's other options in the meantime.
By pk1 Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 am
Coz wrote:
This is MPC Forums not jpeg's blog. People on here couldn't give a single shit about the features you're disinterested in or don't need. Next time you have a brain fart, PM Jah and talk it through with him instead. :wink:

i got nothing against Jpeg. but this right here is funny ass hell! real though.

honestly, i feel the doubts. And being cautious is smart. specially when dealing with your coin. But these guys {aKai} are kinda doing their own thing. I mean, regardless of who you are, live, or work for... These guys are building "The MPC" Fxch who made it.. {Big up roger, Big up JJ-os} But these guys have it now. same team who has made some mishaps.. little slow on fixes.. But man They are building the new MPC. And like its introduction in 88. Is a whole new thing. Hybrid. A fukin alien man. and cats are still crying when most of y'all don't even have the yen stacked to buy the damn thing.

Just take a breath. work with what you got.. and Lets look forward to what comes out.

Until then.. why don't ALL of you bring you whining, stale, "think your doper" then, broke asses over here..

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=182108

And Put your beats where your Mouth is....

Some of you make really dope music.. most.... kinda dopey. And before you continue to throw excuses..
"i dont sample", "samples sux" "none of these beats submitted are any good" "I don't post beats for free" or what ever bull your about flap.

Come show us what exactly YOU can do when in this given situation. Belive me.. when you submit a total fag party nobody will dis. its all love at the end of the week.

I DARE YOU :popcorn:
By Fanu Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 am
starmanwarz wrote:What kind of storage option are you guys going for? I'm probably going to get a disk drive, not sure if SSD is worth it over a regular HDD?

Might definitely throw an SSD there. They're faster, of course, and more reliable, not prone to break from a shock unlike regular HDs…and that might be a decent consideration for a portable unit.
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:21 am
I have a couple of HHDs for storage and one SSD but will get a SSD 2.5 for the X as the main storage for my sound. I have a hot swappable dock which takes 2.5 and 3.5 HHD. :smoker:

starmanwarz wrote:What kind of storage option are you guys going for? I'm probably going to get a disk drive, not sure if SSD is worth it over a regular HDD?
By Danoc Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 am
I like what you did! Do you know how many times l gave done this to cats that run their mouths and l got flamed for doing this?
Good joint.

pk1 wrote:i got nothing against Jpeg. but this right here is funny ass hell! real though.

honestly, i feel the doubts. And being cautious is smart. specially when dealing with your coin. But these guys {aKai} are kinda doing their own thing. I mean, regardless of who you are, live, or work for... These guys are building "The MPC" Fxch who made it.. {Big up roger, Big up JJ-os} But these guys have it now. same team who has made some mishaps.. little slow on fixes.. But man They are building the new MPC. And like its introduction in 88. Is a whole new thing. Hybrid. A fukin alien man. and cats are still crying when most of y'all don't even have the yen stacked to buy the damn thing.

Just take a breath. work with what you got.. and Lets look forward to what comes out.

Until then.. why don't ALL of you bring you whining, stale, "think your doper" then, broke asses over here..

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=182108

And Put your beats where your Mouth is....

Some of you make really dope music.. most.... kinda dopey. And before you continue to throw excuses..
"i dont sample", "samples sux" "none of these beats submitted are any good" "I don't post beats for free" or what ever bull your about flap.

Come show us what exactly YOU can do when in this given situation. Belive me.. when you submit a total fag party nobody will dis. its all love at the end of the week.

I DARE YOU :popcorn:
By starmanwarz Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:00 pm
I'm getting the X so I think a HDD is gonna be fine since I don't plan on moving it.

Prices are still pretty crazy on 1TB SSD's, cheapest one I can find is like 330 Euros, half that money buys me a 4TB HDD. Also, which HDD's are compatible with the tray in the MPC? Is it regular size or netbook size?

Edit: Only have a couple gigs worth of samples so these capacities might be a bit overkill, but am I right to think that with audio tracks etc we are going to need a lot of space?
By Ill-Green Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:39 pm
Just estimating, one minute of single audio track is 1MB. If you got a 3 minute song with 8 audio tracks, thats already 24MB used for one song and not counting MIDI tracks which ups the usage by kBs.

I delete samples anyway, so a 250GB SSD would be overkill for me but will be useful in the long run when the keepers begin to accumilate.