MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 pm
eclipxe wrote:
bigpoppapump wrote:what will they cool the cpu with it will sound like a underpowered turbine ala ps4
if its out in march
am getting a nintendo switch instead

The processor is a mobile-class chip. You won't have heat like a console with dedicated gpus

Right. What cools an iPad Pro?
By pk1 Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm
this thread is dead.. nothing being said now is of importance. its turned from info thread and chat, bout the new toys. to nonsense about things we can't change. tell santa about your wish listS. these are built already. your getting em the way they are last month. this is all marketing time while they package up the new stuff. None of these units work without the software. This is where our questions need to turn focus. Most of us already have it sitting in front of you. There are a ton of un answered questions about the new software. that need more attention.
By Sinamsis Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 pm
First post here, long time lurker. I know it's been mentioned a few times but I still can't seem to find a consensus. How much do these things cost? Sold my 5000 when the Live leaked. Have my eyes on the X to work with all my modular gear, and really thinking of ordering through Sweetwater. I've been told it should be out March/April, where the Live should be here by February. What I can't find is a consistent price. Sweetwater has it at $2200, SOS quoted $1999, and Music Radar had it at 1450 pounds. I really don't want to drop the money with Sweetwater if the price isn't right.

As an aside, the timing of this big reveal is a little weird to me. Right before NAMM.... I'm wondering if they're trying to beat a competitor to the punch. Maybe waiting until NAMM would be wise. But the thought of a modern stand-alone MPC is too good to pass up for me.
By DannyBmpc Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm
pk1 wrote:this thread is dead.. nothing being said now is of importance. its turned from info thread and chat, bout the new toys. to nonsense about things we can't change. tell santa about your wish listS. these are built already. your getting em the way they are last month. this is all marketing time while they package up the new stuff. None of these units work without the software. This is where our questions need to turn focus. Most of us already have it sitting in front of you. There are a ton of un answered questions about the new software. that need more attention.

According to akai the software will be available end of feb or early march. If you are a ren user I would guess your gonna pay around 99. Touch users will get a free upgrade.
By willisill Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 pm
DannyBmpc wrote: According to akai the software will be available end of feb or early march. If you are a ren user I would guess your gonna pay around 99. Touch users will get a free upgrade.

It will have taken 15 months since they announced 2.0 to redesign the GUI, add audio tracks, clip launch, and add real time timestretch/pitchshift (without any warping/flex markers...). The rest of the features already existed (submixes?) :WTF: Somehow I've lost even more faith in their software development team. Maybe by 2019, they'll be caught up to Ableton 7 or Logic 9.
By richie Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 pm
willisill wrote:Somehow I've lost even more faith in their software development team. Maybe by 2019, they'll be caught up to Ableton 7 or Logic 9.

You're going to hurt peoples feelings saying (entirely accurate) things like that.

People are raving about it being stand alone but are still going to have their laptop connected to it to sample all their VST and sample libraries anyway.
By Icepulse Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 am
richie wrote:
willisill wrote:Somehow I've lost even more faith in their software development team. Maybe by 2019, they'll be caught up to Ableton 7 or Logic 9.

You're going to hurt peoples feelings saying (entirely accurate) things like that.

People are raving about it being stand alone but are still going to have their laptop connected to it to sample all their VST and sample libraries anyway.

Not me. What the Live offers will cover me 100%.
By Sinamsis Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 am
Fanu wrote:https://thomann.de/fi/akai_mpc_live.htm?ref=msg_a_3
Live 999 at Thomann

https://www.thomann.de/fi/akai_mpc_x.ht ... 1484077630
MPC X 1799 at Thomann

Nice, thanks! That's crazy. I'd point out, those prices are with VAT. Excluding VAT (I'm in the states) that's totally off from what I'm seeing here. For some reason I wasn't getting the Thomann link with Google. I've asked my Sweetwater rep and he seems pretty firm on $2200. If I could get it shipped to the US from Thomann for 1540 euros I don't know why I wouldn't. I just don't understand how the price points can be so separate.
By Jose da Silva Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 am
Let me begin to say that i love the MPC. I own the Ren, studio and 2x Touch. And i love the looks of the MPC X.

But i don't think the price on those new machines are right. And I will be a thief on mine own wallet, if i buy the new MPC standalone. Without the possibility of using any VST. And in standalone modus 8 tracks.

Wrong wrong wrong!!!
Buy a macbook air for €1100,-
Akai Touch for €600,-
It's also portable enough
V2.0 has 128 audio tracks
VST possibly
The Touch has a built in i/o
I can also install real DAW's (logic / cubase a like).
Bluetooth, wifi, ssd build in
13" screen
Full qwerty

Those MPC prices finally has to drop...
By Wormhelmet Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 am
Ah ha. MPC expansions. There is where you can add your multisampled instruments. Excellent. without even using an audio track up I assume. Just a midi track. Entirely unfamiliar with MPC software before 2.0 announcements as I only own a 2000XL (pillowcase) and iMPC Pro on iPad. Only experienced with mv software which sounds like very similar to 2.0 features with a few Ableton type tricks and different fx being the biggest difference that the MV lacks. Also the newer, faster hardware and touchscreen....