MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 pm
Listening to this guy and Andy, you can hear that they both received the same media training.

I'm still surprised by the fact that this guy says later this year and Andy says 6 weeks for the MPC X.
Can't they just put it down on their website, the higher ups should know have a accurate estimate by now..
Last edited by zangetsu01 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fanu Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Can't the just put it down on their website, the higher ups should know have a accurate estimate by now..

Yeah, this is what has been rubbing me; it's confusing.
Pete went for "they're on boats", Andy said 4–6 weeks, this dude says a different story, and Geoff just only said "Contact your local dealer" and "I hope the recent videos create value" and that they're working on it.
Can you even make it any more confusing?
By Wormhelmet Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Image

Been there already. Fish movement provided the hydro power. Had to stop using it underwater though. Merfolk tryin to battle with discarded Ren's and kept saying Akai promised two years ago to deliver the waterproof 2.0 version. I felt bad, so took mine back up, dried it out, and now still running my studio....

:smoker:
By chino Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:51 am
KnackKnick wrote:Yeah I think punters would buy that Mv8800 with a touch screen for sure.
Me still thinks that Mike Acosta and Jimbo know something.

I would buy a MV8800mk2!! The only thing missing in Roland's AIRA line is a sampling drum machine/ sequencer…. :nod: :popcorn:
By Loosecaboose Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:25 am
Danoc wrote:Hey bro you are on the same path I am on, I love stand alone machines! I will be able to get my ideas down quickly and precisely without any problems and that MPC feel that I am so use to.
I'm definitely getting the Live, and the X later when I set up a stationary post in my house. I couldn't come at a better time. I love staying in the box computer wise though but I will combine the two to have a healthy dynamic beast for my setup. I see it where I won't need anything else for a long time unless Akai out beats this machine and make me go "wtf :WTF: I gotta get that now" LOL When it comes to drum machines I don't want it from any other company.

I have had.
1. S950
2. MPC 2000
3. MPC 2000XL

worked on.
MPC 3000 and MPC 60ll and they are some dope arse machines!

I'm going to have my midi keyboard connected to the MPC and my MPC connected midi wise with Reason 9. Right now I don't know what I am going to do with Studio One 3 but I am still going to use it for my VSTs but now I know how to use Impact drum machine in it and other functions I will use it another way. I will mix in Reason 9 and master in S1v3.

So what's your set up going to be?

Funny very similar to yours. Midi keyboard into MPC Live, iPad into MPC Live.
I will hook the MPC into Reason 9 to drive all my RE synths and combinators when I get to a point where I want to lay down some synths. Write the parts using the MPC Live instruments and when I'm happy with the track then send the MIDI into R9 and record back into the AudioTracks on the MPC. Get some crazy modular style stuff going with the CV in the Reason rack.
Reasons new SDK for RE has sample playback support so we will be seeing a lot of creative RE samplers soon which i'm hyped about.