MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:04 am
No official word from Akai yet, but as some retailers have now gone live with the product pages, we can assume this is basically the 'official' word on the new standalone MPCs from Akai

MPC X

MPC X Specs

• A complete stand-alone DAW
  • 10.1" multi-touch screen
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • 16 assignable OLED-labeled Q-Link encoders
  • Eight 3.5mm CV/Gate outputs for sequencing of analog synth gear right along with your MIDI sound modules
  • Dual USB ports for external drives & support for MIDI over USB
  • SD card slot
  • 2.5" SATA for HDD or SSD drives
  • 2x MIDI IN, 4 X MIDI OUT
  • 4 recording inputs including 2 x dedicated XLR Mic & switchable 2 x line inputs or 2 x phono (RCA) with ground
  • 8 x 1/4" analogue outputs
  • 10GB sample library
  • Shipping Weight: 14 lbs
  • Shipping Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 8 in
Launch Price: $2,199

MPC Live

MPC Live Specs

• A complete stand-alone DAW
  • 7" multi-touch screen
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • Internal Li-ion rechargeable battery
  • Dual USB ports for external drives & support for MIDI over USB
  • SD card slot
  • 2.5" SATA for HDD or SSD drives
  • 2x MIDI IN, 2 X MIDI OUT
  • Switchable 2 x 1/4" line inputs or 2 x phono (RCA) with ground
  • 6 x 1/4" analogue outputs
  • 10GB sample library
  • Weight: 5.5 lbs
  • Dimensions: 8.5" x 16"
Launch Price: $1,199
By jpeg Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 am
so the Live is £985.70 vs the Touch at £475; I think I'm going with the Touch but will wait for NAMM to exactly how Live performs.

but like someone said many peeps was screaming for years about them wanting a standalone or a real so called mpc, with real guts?

well here they are lets see how they do and if people support; I know alot of diehards will buy, but lets see if they sell more standalone s than they did mpc studio's.
Last edited by jpeg on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jpeg Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:30 am
Icepulse wrote:And, as mentioned in the previous topic, how will this device handle activation codes of purchased 3rd party VSTS?

surely this is done on the computer in the software in the normal way
By jayblu Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 am
A couple of questions:
What is the status of 2.0 with the touch?
(That is to say, is there a danger that somehow 2.0 won't be compatible with the Touch, or that maybe the Touch will be discontinued once the MPC X/Live and 2.0 are officially announced and the only way to get 2.0 with the Touch will be to pay for it?)

More broadly, is it pretty much a dead cert that the Touch will be discontinued upon the release of the two new products, and if so should I be concerned about a potential lack of support?

I'm looking at getting my first MPC and I'm trying to work out what the less obvious downsides of the Touch would be against the Live (aside from the obvious ones such as stand-alone, specifications).

Best
By kaydigi Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 pm
jayblu wrote:A couple of questions:
(That is to say, is there a danger that somehow 2.0 won't be compatible with the Touch, or that maybe the Touch will be discontinued once the MPC X/Live and 2.0 are officially announced and the only way to get 2.0 with the Touch will be to pay for it?)

More broadly, is it pretty much a dead cert that the Touch will be discontinued upon the release of the two new products, and if so should I be concerned about a potential lack of support?

I'm looking at getting my first MPC and I'm trying to work out what the less obvious downsides of the Touch would be against the Live (aside from the obvious ones such as stand-alone, specifications).

Best

2.0 is free for all Touch, Live, X users. Studio black users will get a notification when it gets released for it for free.

Studio silver and Ren has to pay and the audio waveform is not visible on the lcd screen. This is from the italian blurb.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 pm

We don't know what the future holds for the Touch hardware, but the Touch will continue to work with MPC Software 2, so I can't see there being any immediate problems.
By jpeg Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Best

there is no logic in ur query;

why would the touch be discontinued simply cos new units are being released, clearly the touch can support any feature that the live can so it makes no sense this is would be withdrawn after one year.

common sense should make this obvious; u r very confused all current touch users get 2.0 for free, this has been stated many times, so not sure why u dont get this.
By Icepulse Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Best

Doubt it makes sense to discontinue the Touch, when its form factor is nearly identical to the Live, and probably only about 20% of the manufacturing, overall, will differ from the Live. It's like McDonalds. Why kill the hamburger? They need 95% of it to make the cheeseburger, anyway.