MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 pm
Fanu wrote:Agreed.
Heck, if NI went all Ableton and announced a new standalone tomorrow and said it's in stores right as we speak, that might destroy Akai, in all fairness.

Absolutely. Best thing Akai can do at this point is figure out what the hell is the firm availability date and promote the hell out of it. It should be promoted on every social medium platform available. Silly that they either a) don't know; or b) won't say.

But like I keep saying, I'm fine waiting for it. I actually wouldn't expect any company other than one with a stellar marketing process to announce a product at NAMM and have it ready to go shortly thereafter. I think March / April is completely realistic for any new product announced at NAMM. It's just the marketing nonsense that is Akai these days - it irks me. It's like watching an under-skilled boxer - I can see the right hand coming, the crowd can see the right hand coming, but for whatever reason, they still throw that lazy jab.
By Danoc Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 am
I got it the Akai Advance 61. I may get that depending on how the keys feels.

Waves selling their SSL 4000 series for only $249 bucks that's sick. I got in my Eastwwest instruments and 6000 k with Reasonso lm good.

Ill-Green wrote:I guess we getting closer to launch day.
By Fanu Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:01 am
Junqle wrote:New video up from akai pro YouTube account featuring a lot of big names. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQcDDzmpZM

No release date mentioned, but videos like this make me think it can't be too far off.

Comments disabled once again :lol:
Akai keeps being Akai.

Well, a new video probably means that 1) we're a nudge closer or 2) we're not a nudge closer, but Akai keeps being Akai.
By jpeg Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 am
Ill-Green wrote:So Live comes out before the X. Ok, so how they gonna release 2.0, release it during the launch of the Live or launch of the X? :shock:

Sure would piss a lot of people to wait for 2.0 at the launch of the X :popcorn:

realistically that is unlikely as Akai have confirmed that both units ship with 2.0; so if X comes first that 2.0 will be out when X drops.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am
jpeg wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:So Live comes out before the X. Ok, so how they gonna release 2.0, release it during the launch of the Live or launch of the X? :shock:

Sure would piss a lot of people to wait for 2.0 at the launch of the X :popcorn:

realistically that is unlikely as Akai have confirmed that both units ship with 2.0; so if X comes first that 2.0 will be out when X drops.

Well, I mean lets say the Live is released and 2.0 as well; everyone downloads it but it sucks, that could make or break the sales of the X. Perhaps why Akai are releasing both standalone and software at the same time in the first place.
By jpeg Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 am
Ill-Green wrote:Well, I mean lets say the Live is released and 2.0 as well; everyone downloads it but it sucks, that could make or break the sales of the X. Perhaps why Akai are releasing both standalone and software at the same time in the first place.

I dont see how 2.0 could be complete crap; surely it must be equal to or greater than 1.9.6 which most agree is pretty decent.
By Coz Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:41 am
I downloaded 1.9.6 to check how my 4K projects transferred, but didn't have much luck. The sequence files were mostly corrupted or didn't work at all. The look of 1.9.6 is also bland in the extreme. 2.0 looks a lot better. 8)