MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 pm
Danoc wrote:Im looking to see if l can get the Live from $950 to $ 1034.

zangetsu01 wrote:It seems that I was just in time with my pre-order. Baxshop has also raised their price to 1899,- Euro.
With the 10% discount I got it for 1619,- Euro. :worthy:

I am happy for you. Is Bax Shop over saes? Im in the USA.

Yes Its in Europe. But the 10% discount was only in the Netherlands.
By Icepulse Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:In a couple of months, when the new MPC's will still be under top secret development and Akai will continue to not interact with the customers, I can see most of us completely forgetting about them and moving on... It already seems like many are losing interest.

You know what, more info leak on the Digitakt and its beginning to look like a cool and decent sampler. As someone at gearslutz mentioned its a "mini SP1200". Made me forget about the Live for a couple days, I tell you the truth.

Still not gonna cancel my order but made me think.

I don't see how the Digitakt really merits the investment over something like the OP-1.

The Live & X, on the hand... that's a world apart.
By summer2k Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm
Danoc wrote:Well its official that you can't use the Air EFX in stand alone mode. Masada Trent just told me. No worries on my part.

I thought this was common knowledge. I'm pretty sure I read about it in a post somewhere in this forum. Yeah it sux Akai did not port the Air EFX for use in standalone mode. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice. :hmmm:
By kaydigi Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm
summer2k wrote:
Danoc wrote:Well its official that you can't use the Air EFX in stand alone mode. Masada Trent just told me. No worries on my part.

I thought this was common knowledge. I'm pretty sure I read about it in a post somewhere in this forum. Yeah it sux Akai did not port the Air EFX for use in standalone mode. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice. :hmmm:

Yeah it's just the stock effects,. Some of the are solid, others you have have to heavy saturate to even hear them.
By Ill-Green Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 pm
Icepulse wrote:
I don't see how the Digitakt really merits the investment over something like the OP-1.

The Live & X, on the hand... that's a world apart.

I'm from the old school and the features are very appealing to me. Its what I wanted when I wanted to upgrade from the Roland MS-1. However, preordering the Live, I may end up with both a Digitakt and a Live by the end of summer, but who knows, it takes one bullshit feature to turn me off from a device. :P
By Chillin Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:It seems that I was just in time with my pre-order. Baxshop has also raised their price to 1899,- Euro.

Me too.
By Chillin Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 pm
Fanu wrote:The 2500 can't compare to the 4000 at all.
The OG 2500 is so damn basic. Totally inferior league. Cheaper build, too.
The 4K was the last "real" Akai, and you can tell.

The 4K sounds good. 2500 a bit weak.
You can have three filters in a row in 4K...mad.

Some folk say the 2500 with JJOS is equally good as the 4000, or close to.

I bought this 4000 from a famous person in the Drum n Bass scene. It is spect to the max and than some, including SSD. :-D

I also bought it, while it is still possible. It is legendary after all. :worthy:
Last edited by Chillin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm
Chillin wrote:

Me too.

UK store prices haven't changed still the same as when "Live & X" were first announced... £799 Live, £1449 X
Maybe check those out as seems as though EU prices people are getting burnt on ....
By Chillin Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:

UK store prices haven't changed still the same as when "Live & X" were first announced... £799 Live, £1449 X
Maybe check those out as seems as though EU prices people are getting burnt on ....

The 10% discount was from Friday till Monday. I got it because it was "relatively cheap", but if it doesn't do the job properly I will return the device.
Last edited by Chillin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 pm
Chillin wrote:
Tripn3o3 wrote:

The 10% discount was from Friday till Monday. I got it because it was "relatively cheap", but if it doesn't do the job properly I will return the device.

Fair enough my firiend fair enough.
By Chillin Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:
Fair enough my firiend fair enough.

Btw, 1449 British Pound equals 1672.75 Euro, I paid 1656 euros, so that is still cheaper. And the Bax story is only 15 minutes away (by car) from where I reside.