MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm
Ill what's the name of that Akai keyboard midi controller with the 8 big pads on it?

Ill-Green wrote:
dorsey wrote:Where did you see this?
I guess they can make the store hold the units until the software is done.
Or release them and add controller mode later....
Pete's tweet.
By kejlabal Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:12 pm
Danoc, you're really...special. It's the second time in a few days you're messing up with someone on this thread, me included.

You're saying you got infos from Pete, but WTF i've asked him and you just said i was crying on twitter :fku:
You even liked your own tweet :lol:

I don't see those informations like competition, just something to share with the impatient community :-D Me the first.

By the way, someone ask if march in shops for Eastern US was possible, Pete said certainly hope so

[url]https://twitter.com/petegoodliffe/status/832239254566760449
[/url]

Sorry for the off-topic, but damn you're a forum's painintheassman.
By Fanu Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm
kejlabal wrote:
I don't see those informations like competition, just something to share with the impatient community :-D Me the first.

We're all here for the same reason: MPC.
We're sharing info and news…not expecting rewards for it.
News on the MPC is why it's necessary to shoot some rumors down, too.
And nobody's trying to be better than somebody else. No room for that here.

kejlabal wrote:By the way, someone ask if march in shops for Eastern US was possible, Pete said certainly hope so

[url]https://twitter.com/petegoodliffe/status/832239254566760449
[/url]

Not to be a spoilsport, but that reply means nothing concrete…just a positive reply, really.
You can hope for things, just like Akai probably hoped for 2.0 to come out in 2016 like they said at NAMM '16.
By Eyalc Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 pm
jpeg wrote:Akai have totally mis-managed the v2.0 and the mpc live and X delivery imo

This. Their mismanagement is constant, over the past few products.

Just look at this thread... Marketing 101 - hype with no outcome turns immediately into frustration. All that does it allow someone else to capitalize on your hype. I'm telling you, watch NI drop a standalone - Akai has generated all the hype and frustration for them. (Not saying NI has a standalone coming - just saying, if they did, Akai is creating the momentum for them with their mismanagement).

But really, just look at the frustration in this thread. LOL. If the Live and X had dropped, none of this would be happening on the forum. Classic Akai marketing. Classic marketing "never do this".
By Fanu Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Eyalc wrote:
jpeg wrote:Akai have totally mis-managed the v2.0 and the mpc live and X delivery imo

Just look at this thread... Marketing 101 - hype with no outcome turns immediately into frustration. All that does it allow someone else to capitalize on your hype. I'm telling you, watch NI drop a standalone - Akai has generated all the hype and frustration for them. (Not saying NI has a standalone coming - just saying, if they did, Akai is creating the momentum for them with their mismanagement).

But really, just look at the frustration in this thread. LOL. If the Live and X had dropped, none of this would be happening on the forum. Classic Akai marketing. Classic marketing "never do this".

Agreed.
Heck, if NI went all Ableton and announced a new standalone tomorrow and said it's in stores right as we speak, that might destroy Akai, in all fairness.
By Icepulse Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
dorsey wrote:Where did you see this?
I guess they can make the store hold the units until the software is done.
Or release them and add controller mode later....

That's my tweet.

The other possibility is that the 2.0 is ready for the hardware, because they have exactly (1) hardware configuration to beta test on it, whereas they're still tweaking 2.0 for Mac / PC, because there's a much larger margin of error, when you need to make an application work flawlessly w/ nigh-limitless hardware configurations. Different Processors, RAM, sound cards, DAI's, even video cards / drivers, etc. Plus VST's, AU's, etc.

So you may see the hardware before 2.0 software is ready.

Possibly.
By Icepulse Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 pm
Fanu wrote:
Icepulse wrote:So you may see the hardware before 2.0 software is ready.

Possibly.

That's what I think "rolling out of factories" means at this point.

..but the hardware WILL have 2.0 installed. It just wont necessarily be ready for software updates. Will the MPC's be able to communicate w/ yet-updated 1.9.x software? Maybe not on day one.

But I think 90% of people who have a hard-on for the Live wont really care. Live users are more dedicated to the standalone experience than X users will be, I think.
By the time the X drops, I think 2.0 will be ready for computers.
By jpeg Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 pm
Eyalc wrote:

well from out perspective it seems as the problem is that the factories and distributers cannot get enuff product to stores in time; but was speaking to Jah and says Akai are still working on the product.

Jah wrote the following:

I am using the MPC Live as I type this. Got to use the MPC-X at NAMM. Akai is not going to release these products until they are ready...software/hardware or otherwise.

Why do Akai or any other company have to have items ready to ship at NAMM? Plenty of products announced at NAMM that are not available. NAMM was just 4 weeks ago.....
By Fanu Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:02 pm
jpeg wrote:well from out perspective it seems as the problem is that the factories and distributers cannot get enuff product to stores in time; but was speaking to Jah and says Akai are still working on the product.

Honestly, it makes no sense trusting anything other than hard facts and official announcements at this point.
E.g., dates we see on shop websites…that's all made up.

Anyone believing they're close to being in stores is believing speculation.

Even Pete probably isn't in charge of shipping dates and all the stuff that goes into handling the shipments into shops, let alone manufacturing.

Honestly, we have not seen any *official* statement saying "the units are done".
Even Pete's last tweet said that he'd like to believe so, which says nothing.

Good to be hopeful, but really, the only thing you can trust is official info, and there has been none so far, while there's been a lot of speculation, even from Akai, and so far none of that speculation has brought any units on our desks or shops.