MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:47 pm
jpeg wrote:
starmanwarz wrote:You should be concerned and anxious about the quality of the hardware/software and not the release date.

nope even if the sioftware /hardware is average it will still be better than anything else currently on the market, cos there is no other hybrid on the market.

Bullshit. Roland SP-606 and SP-555 were the first hybrid of the market. Yall just slept.
By Danoc Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm
That SP 606 is kinda dope. What's up with the SP808?

Ill-Green wrote:
nope even if the sioftware /hardware is average it will still be better than anything else currently on the market, cos there is no other hybrid on the market.

****. Roland SP-606 and SP-555 were the first hybrid of the market. Yall just slept.[/quote]
By kaydigi Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm
Icepulse wrote:
kaydigi wrote:ZZounds.com has the Live listed for June 11, no date for the X. So there goes April.

Because now, suddenly Zzounds is the bellwether for the rest of the industry. :lol:

Zzounds and it's other offspring company American Music Supply are pretty trustworthy and popular destinations for music equipment online.
By Ill-Green Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Danoc wrote:That SP 606 is kinda dope. What's up with the SP808?

Ill-Green wrote:

****. Roland SP-606 and SP-555 were the first hybrid of the market. Yall just slept.
[/quote]
SP-808 came out around 1999 or 2000. SP-606 in theory is up to date but the 808 had a lot more features and a little MV like. Still, the SP606/555 can sample off the USB and send files as well. That would be the smart move for Akai to implement, instead of PC to SD and SD to MPC and/or MPC to SD and SD to PC, it should be straight PC to MPC and/or MPC to PC.
By jpeg Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:49 pm
Ill-Green wrote:****. Roland SP-606 and SP-555 were the first hybrid of the market. Yall just slept.

I was well aware of the 606 back in the early 2000's and knew about the 555 but did not realise the 555 was as feature packed as it is.

roland did good with those two units; but the 606 was the first true hybrid where the hardware controlled beskpoke software when connected, and the 555 did not have its own app that u could control when connected to the pc, so in that regard it was a step back.

but there are lots of great features on the 555, but it seems like the mpc live combines the 606 and 555 along with maschine into a standalone battery operated unit.

so my original statement stands nothing else on the market does that all in one device like the mpc, so akai just have to make something that is just decent and it will beat 90 % of the market as far as being a all in one box for the features it offers
By Danoc Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:38 pm
Ok cool. Thats what yoy meant a while back when you said you can sample through USB. That's dope.

Ill-Green wrote:

****. Roland SP-606 and SP-555 were the first hybrid of the market. Yall just slept.[/quote][/quote]
SP-808 came out around 1999 or 2000. SP-606 in theory is up to date but the 808 had a lot more features and a little MV like. Still, the SP606/555 can sample off the USB and send files as well. That would be the smart move for Akai to implement, instead of PC to SD and SD to MPC and/or MPC to SD and SD to PC, it should be straight PC to MPC and/or MPC to PC.[/quote]
By kaydigi Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 am
Ill-Green wrote:Anyone want to simply explain clip launching. :oops:

Is it like 16 different patterns on 16 pads or 16 songs on 16 pads launched one at a time? I tried to wrap my head around the videos but it looks like normal sequencing.

Before I confuse you further, JAH said it's only audio clip/sample launching. It doesn't launch midi patterns, i'm not sure if misread him.

It's also 16 pads per bank, Andy had a video where he was switching banks and launching from there.

JAHROME, post: 1563389, member: 66219 wrote:Clips are for launching audio / samples. Is there something particular you were interested in as far as MIDI clips?

JAHROME, post: 1563390, member: 66219 wrote:As far as launching MIDI clips...excuse me for my ignorance..but what is that? And how do you expect such a feature to work in an MPC?

That's a unexpected limitation.

Here is the super basic way ableton does it with Push 2. (it doesn't get super detailed)