MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm
Coz wrote:I downloaded 1.9.6 to check how my 4K projects transferred, but didn't have much luck. The sequence files were mostly corrupted or didn't work at all. The look of 1.9.6 is also bland in the extreme. 2.0 looks a lot better. 8)

equal to or better; certainly from a features and a visual style perspective 2.0 will be better.

far as the corrupted 4k files shit like that aint a deal breaker for me; alot shit that people would be mad about wont bother me cos I dont have any 4k files to transfer
By jpeg Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm
**** wrote:
highrolla wrote:anybody got any info about their converters..what chips do they use?

The cheapest ones they could get!

apparently the converters sound really good; a big modern lush sound but crisp and clear
By Coz Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:16 pm
jpeg wrote:far as the corrupted 4k files shit like that aint a deal breaker for me; alot shit that people would be mad about wont bother me cos I dont have any 4k files to transfer

There will be a lot of people switching from other MPCs who will have a passing interest in file compatibility. The fact you're unaffected is irrelevant.
By jpeg Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm
Coz wrote:
jpeg wrote:far as the corrupted 4k files **** like that aint a deal breaker for me; alot **** that people would be mad about wont bother me cos I dont have any 4k files to transfer

There will be a lot of people switching from other MPCs who will have a passing interest in file compatibility. The fact you're unaffected is irrelevant.

on the contrary the people switching from older legacy units who require file compatibility is irrelevant to me; as I dont have any need for that feature.

everyone will asses 2.0 based upon their own requirements its all relative.
By highrolla Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm
**** wrote:
highrolla wrote:anybody got any info about their converters..what chips do they use?

The cheapest ones they could get!

^hehe

the best chips are only worth a few bucks anyways..doesnt matter if burr browns,analog devics or whatever...i mean for me as a enduser they are like 5-10€/$ let alone b2b bulk prices

lets hope for the best
By Danoc Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:23 pm
Masada Trent and Machine Masters said the cobverters are great. It is pristine and clear. But Dont expect it to sound like any of the legacy MPCs

highrolla wrote:i just realized that there are no digital outs,hah wtf?!
anybody got any info about their converters..what chips do they use?
By Icepulse Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm
Danoc wrote:Masada Trent and Machine Masters said the cobverters are great. It is pristine and clear. But Dont expect it to sound like any of the legacy MPCs

highrolla wrote:i just realized that there are no digital outs,hah wtf?!
anybody got any info about their converters..what chips do they use?

If your ear is good, your final product will sound dope.
By kejlabal Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm
Coz wrote:I downloaded 1.9.6 to check how my 4K projects transferred, but didn't have much luck. The sequence files were mostly corrupted or didn't work at all. The look of 1.9.6 is also bland in the extreme. 2.0 looks a lot better. 8)

Coz, you should open a topic on the community at akai.
In this topic, Nick D said that every legacy MPCs are supported :
http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional/topics/can-the-mpc-software-play-mpc-2000-xl-beats
By Danoc Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:46 pm
True indeed and I do have a good ear so I am good! But remember your output gotta sound good too.
Thumbs up bro!!! And I can't wait to get the X. I am going to purchase Elysium Harps by SoundIron, they are the best to me IMO. And I can't wait to put some solo harps on the X pads and go to work! man I got some crazy ideas just like I use to do on the 2000xl, but this standalone is better, more powerful. :smoker:

Plus I gotta crack open my new i7 PC its been in the box and I am still using my other PC. This baby is powerful and has windows 10, I am currently using win 7. I'll tap into the new 2.0 computer software, it looks better than the old one, and I will check it out, but I will be rocking standalone when doing the drums and certain melodies.

Icepulse wrote:
Last edited by Danoc on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Icepulse Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm
Danoc wrote:True indeed and I do have a good ear so I am good! But remember your output gotta sound good too.
Thumbs up bro!!! And I can't wait to get the X. I am going to purchase Elysium Harps by SoundIron, they are the best to me IMO. And I can't wait to put some solo harps on the X pads and go to work! man I got some crazy ideas just like I use to do on the 2000xl, but this standalone is better, more powerful. :smoker:

Icepulse wrote:

I have no intention of tracking out analog, anyway. My intent is to export to .wav, inside the MPC, then transfer to Logic Pro X via SD card.
By Fanu Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm
No news here, but I rrrrrrrrrrreally wish they'd fix PDF in 2.0…
Opened up a recent beat today and put Oeksound Soothe plugin (check it out) on the beat track…and it throws it completely off beat with the rest.
They really, really need to fix that, that is *bad*.
By Danoc Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm
Hey that's the same thing I am planning to do, I don't want to do any recording into an interface, those days are over for me, that's why I am buying into this, that is the top reason I am getting the X, and the Sequencer, those are the main two reasons.
I plan to export wav each stem, then send it to my PC and bring it into either, Studio One 3 or Reason 9. That's where I mix at and use the SSL9000k emulation console and it sounds amazing.

Icepulse wrote:
[/quote]

I have no intention of tracking out analog, anyway. My intent is to export to .wav, inside the MPC, then transfer to Logic Pro X via SD card.[/quote]