MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:19 pm
markski wrote:I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

I'd hope 2.0 brings some updated stock effects & synth options.
By Living Bate Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:31 pm
fluxsta wrote:All valid questions. One I haven't seen asked yet:
"Is this a free upgrade for owners of the Renaissance or will we be expected to pay?"

Seeing as the software has always been constantly updated and bugs ironed out to charge for 2.0 would seem unfair. It seems the cost for existing owners is yet to be sorted out or disclosed.

I think they have made it fairly clear that Renaissance & original Studio owners will have to pay for 2.0.......I'm really curious to know what kind of fee its going to be though......

I could see it being £20 or £120.....really got no idea.......
By eclipxe Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm
markski wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
eclipxe wrote:Call me Dan:

4. I'm guessing here, but based on what I've seen - there is no onboard soft synth. Only samples.

That hurts. A lot.

I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

Some basic effects, yes. Don't get your hopes up for a synth in standalone on either device. Very very unlikely. Maybe in a future release.
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 pm
eclipxe wrote:I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

Some basic effects, yes. Don't get your hopes up for a synth in standalone on either device. Very very unlikely. Maybe in a future release.[/quote]

Supposedly, these videos are 100% in-unit;

If those aren't synth pads, they're some very good samples w/ a LOT of sustain.

Also,I find it kind of hard to believe that a 2017 Standalone MPC based on 2.0 software will feature "some basic effects". Who the F would settle for that?
By greavous420 Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:19 pm
Icepulse wrote:
eclipxe wrote:I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

Some basic effects, yes. Don't get your hopes up for a synth in standalone on either device. Very very unlikely. Maybe in a future release.

Also,I find it kind of hard to believe that a 2017 Standalone MPC based on 2.0 software will feature "some basic effects". Who the F would settle for that?

That is also probably an external synth producing the sounds. It's now very well established that there is no synth in standalone mode. Someone on this forum has has a Live as part of a Beta and hasn't mentioned it having a synth built-in once.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=181827

Looks like everyone is gonna have to settle for that!
By Icepulse Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm
greavous420 wrote:
Icepulse wrote:

That is also probably an external synth producing the sounds. It's now very well established that there is no synth in standalone mode. Someone on this forum has has a Live as part of a Beta and hasn't mentioned it having a synth built-in once.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=181827

Looks like everyone is gonna have to settle for that!

They say very clearly in the video description that the keyboard is controller only, and that all sounds are internal on the new MPCs.

Where was this confirmed? I've seen no official notice that there aren't softsynths in the standalone install. Not that WE, as users, can add VSTs, but why not include basic ones that are given w/ the basic software, and optimize for that? Seems REALLY "no-frills" for a modern device.
By kaydigi Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm
fluxsta wrote:All valid questions. One I haven't seen asked yet:
"Is this a free upgrade for owners of the Renaissance or will we be expected to pay?"

Seeing as the software has always been constantly updated and bugs ironed out to charge for 2.0 would seem unfair. It seems the cost for existing owners is yet to be sorted out or disclosed.

Ren users and Silver Studio's have to pay no matter what. They haven't said a fee though.