MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By saintjoe Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:14 pm
Yall already know what time it is :)

NAMM is next week, so as usual, I'm taking questions from the forum to bring with me.

Post them here and I'll gather them in preparation for next week.

Both are looking dope, looking forward to get my hands on them.

peace!
By Icepulse Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm
• What is expected battery life on the Live?
• Will there be some type of WIFI online connectivity for an official plug-in / soundpack store?
• Has the Live touchscreen hardware been updated from the Touch?
• What will the onboard softsynth options include?
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:20 pm
I once read that the specs included WiFi and Bluetooth, I see Wifi will be implemented later but what about bluetooth? Did that plan get scrapped?

Also, how will the standalone aspect intergrate with a computer in the field of VSTs? Will I just be able to resample a VST into the MPC to be able to use the effects in standalone or can this utilize VSTs like the software?
By eclipxe Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:57 pm
Icepulse wrote:• What is expected battery life on the Live?
• Will there be some type of WIFI online connectivity for an official plug-in / soundpack store?

Call me Dan:

1. 6 hrs
2. No WIFI, no Store. The standalone mode doesn't support plugins, just samples
3. Maybe
4. I'm guessing here, but based on what I've seen - there is no onboard soft synth. Only samples.
By eclipxe Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:57 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I once read that the specs included WiFi and Bluetooth, I see Wifi will be implemented later but what about bluetooth? Did that plan get scrapped?

Also, how will the standalone aspect intergrate with a computer in the field of VSTs? Will I just be able to resample a VST into the MPC to be able to use the effects in standalone or can this utilize VSTs like the software?

No VSTs in standalone.
By Horseclick Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm
how easy is it to use a vst in plugin mode (when mpc is connected to computer) can you freeze that track (make it audio and have it in your project for standalone use?

if you "freeze" the track will you be able to keep the midi and copy that to another track to prehaps use with a onboard sample based programme.

How easy will it be able to make a programme ie a bunch of samples mapped to different keys and be able to play this sample based instrument and what can you chain to this programme can you feed this to a sw filter on board?

how many filter types are there that you can use with a sample based programme?

what opther fx can you use for a samplebased programme.

how may sends / inserts of onboard fx can you use per programme?

what are the latency figures of the unit,
please see for other mpc figures
http://www.innerclocksystems.com/new%20 ... itmus.html

will there be alt colour end cheeks? would be nice to customize our mpcs with say wood or black end cheeks.

whats the sample rate when used as standalone 16/24bit 44.1?88.2?
By Icepulse Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm
eclipxe wrote:
Icepulse wrote:• What is expected battery life on the Live?

Call me Dan:

1. 6 hrs
2. No WIFI, no Store. The standalone mode doesn't support plugins, just samples
3. Maybe
4. I'm guessing here, but based on what I've seen - there is no onboard soft synth. Only samples.

To add to this:

• Can SD cards stream audio, or do we have to load all into project RAM?
• What are the limits on audio tracks? How many? How long?