MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kaydigi Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 pm
1- Is hybrid 3 installed in The Live or X?
2- In audio editing, is there strip silence, audio fade in fade out, pan vol automation, audio track comping
3- can we now timestretch by bar, so if you have a sample that's 3.3 bars I can grab the end and stretch it to 4 bars like pro tools, reason, or Ableton
4- in addition can we change the pitch of the stretched sample in realtime.
5- can you change it so expansions and Akai plug ins don't install to the main drive, they take up a lot of space on SSDs.
6- any chance of audio to midi conversion
7- has qlink edit been enabled, if not not when?
8- Is xfade, crossfade sample in 2.0, it was last seen in the MPC 4000 and JJOS.
Last edited by kaydigi on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mr_debauch Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:29 pm
i think before knowing little features like how many filters... what fx.. etc... we need to know the real specs we always needed to know on every previous standalone mpc.

1. RAM. Sample time. How much... is it upgrade-able .. my guess is that the ram will be system ram and not dedicated to sample time like it used to back in the day.
2. polyphony, midi note events, etc.. any limitations we are used to seeing with hardware MPCs of the past?
3. latency, audio buffer / performance adjustments such as loweing PPQN in standalone mode.. what are we looking at here.. this software is a bit different from machines of the past.
4. sample rate possible? and if it happens to be something very high.. does the built in audio interface output at those rates.
5. tracks is i believe they said 128? or was that sequences? how many of each of those things.. programs/banks etc..

bonus 1. Chipset/CPU .. if this is some sort of android tablet type of thing ... linux based kernel and OS running on mobile components... would be nice to know even though they probably wont say.. we will find out later once it's in the people's hands.

bonus 2. I see it has CV/gate... does that mean a eurorack version of the timberwolf is in the pipeline?
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 pm
mr_debauch wrote:bonus 2. I see it has CV/gate... does that mean a eurorack version of the timberwolf is in the pipeline?

It was all quite sensible until this question! :lol:
By head034 Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:11 am
Questions About the Browser Update &..:
1. Will we be able to browse by a tagging type system: Bass, Keys, Leads, etc..
2. Seeing as there is live time stretch/pitch shift, and clip launching... When previewing sounds (loops) in the browser, will they sync with the project tempo? (Ableton Live type browsing).
3. Portamento / Glide??
4. Side Chaining?
By DJ Illustrious Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 am
When will the 2.0 software be available for existing users, and will it be free for those who own the Studio Black.
By LabDog Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 am
saintjoe wrote:Yall already know what time it is :)

NAMM is next week, so as usual, I'm taking questions from the forum to bring with me.

Post them here and I'll gather them in preparation for next week.

Both are looking dope, looking forward to get my hands on them.

peace!

I wanna know if they've implemented the Song record/ trigger modes I suggested. i.e. is the Clip Program Mode, the realization of being able to do this viewtopic.php?f=45&t=169650?

LabDog wrote:Bumping this to the forefront!!!!

To Peteblues: This video is a good reference video for thinking on what R-Mix should/would actually do for the MPC.

A major part of this requested Song mode is its ability to actively record live performance. In the video above, we see the user triggering differing tracks and scenes to help us hear how his song should play out.

With R-Mix, the MPC would be recording everything he triggered, and every change he made during that video; turning it into a linear "Song track" which of course plays back exactly as heard.

This mode would also provide the ability to play in Riffs and Solo's to exclusive tracks which are also linear. This mode would add a Sequence/Track 'Retrigger' capability to the MPC which does not appear to exist currently.

Recording these motions as linear tracks, along with the ability to 'Stop' a Track by hitting the pad that started it once again, would create an amazing way to capture the intended 'feel' of a performance! On top of this, these tracks would remain editable, just as midi would.

This should be the Song mode that the MPC touts, this would make the system even more of a legend than it already is!
Last edited by LabDog on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iHeartTrapMusic Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 am
This may not have to wait till NAMM, but i'd like to know how well it'll integrate with the Akai Advance. More specifically, will I be able to run my VSTs through VIP like I do now, and record everything into the MPC-X? Forgive me if im not articulating this question very well, but the prospect of being able to use the keyboard damn near standalone with a standalone MPC excites me.
By Cxtheproducer Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 am
1. Can you render or bounce midi or audio to a track with effects?
2. Can all of the onscreen parameters be accessed from the unit without touching the screen?
3. Are the A.I.R plugins working on the standalone units?
4.Are new chords and progressions coming on 2.0?
5. Can USB midi keyboards work with the standalone units?