MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By M.s Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:41 pm
Team.. for those like me that are the early bird buyers.. the best place to get it quick is with PSSL. They have them ready for shipping next week.. I'll get mines 19th of January. (Unless they get on some iPhone shit). But this was a promise with the manager so I'm sure I'll get it next week. Once I get it I'll start a new thread and prob make some videos on this beast.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:17 pm
M.s wrote:I'll get mines 19th of January

Good luck with that, according to Pete's tweet yesterday they're still working on stuff ATM, so i seriously doubt they're anywhere near ready to ship units out to retailers yet. Everyone else is quoting Feb/March which sounds much more realistic.

By Living Bate Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
M.s wrote:I'll get mines 19th of January

Good luck with that, according to Pete's tweet yesterday they're still working on stuff ATM, so i seriously doubt they're anywhere near ready to ship units out to retailers yet. Everyone else is quoting Feb/March which sounds much more realistic.

smells fuggin dodgy to me already :!:
By M.s Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm
Order date: Jan 12, 2017 at 6:28 AM

Shipping method: UPS 2 Day Air
Estimated shipping date: Jan 17, 2017
Estimated delivery date: Jan 19, 2017

That was from my confirmation email.. I better get it next week or I'll be pissed since I'll be overseas next month. The PSSL manager said he will have 6 of them on hand. PSSL never lied to me in past, I got the Ren and touch from them quick. Although it say estimated, it's a promise. I'all keep y'all updated.
By Icepulse Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 pm
M.s wrote:That's exactly what he said.

You'd better get back on the blower, then, dawg.

I just hung up w/ Pedro @ PSSL, who put me on hold, spoke to his reps, and came back saying they're gonna have to change that date on the website.

He also said they only have a couple of units ordered,
By Icepulse Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:42 pm
An aside; I just pre-ordered (not w/ PSSL).

What I did learn is that limited amounts ship to stores on the first day for most stores, so they can gauge demand. This is verified by my store. Says right on the website, ("New Item - Released In Limited Quantity").

Didn't feel like waiting another (2) weeks or whatever, should my store order only a few, and sell out, so I pre-ordered. When it ships, it ships.
By M.s Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm
Not what Tyler told me.. they ordered 5 and 2 are preordered. 1 of which mines. I'm in no real rush but I can't wait until any date beyond mid-feb as I'll be in Europe. I'm confident I'll get it when I was promised. :popcorn: if not I'll be pissed.. :evil:
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 pm
M.s wrote:Not what Tyler told me.. they ordered 5 and 2 are preordered. 1 of which mines. I'm in no real rush but I can't wait until any date beyond mid-feb as I'll be in Europe. I'm confident I'll get it when I was promised. :popcorn: if not I'll be pissed.. :evil:

Looks like you preordered it homie you didn't purchase ready signed and delivered it. You'll get yours late in February. Tell Tyler he failed.

Sincerely,

The People
By Sinamsis Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 pm
I ordered mine from Thomann. Will post back when I get an ETA. But I heard March/April from my Sweetwater rep for the X and all sources I've read say the X will definitely be after the Live. Would be a pleasant surprise if it came sooner.
By summer2k Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 am
Sinamsis wrote:I ordered mine from Thomann. Will post back when I get an ETA. But I heard March/April from my Sweetwater rep for the X and all sources I've read say the X will definitely be after the Live. Would be a pleasant surprise if it came sooner.

I followed your lead Sinamsis and also pre-ordered the X from Thomann. It's being shipped to my home in the U.S. so I was not charged VAT. Even if I'm charged customs fees upon delivery, I will still save $$$ from what US stores are currently charging.

While I wait for it to get here, I will spend the time converting my huge Akai multi-sampled instruments library to .akp format so I can load them on the X. That also means I will be in the market for a good deal on a 2TB internal SSD drive for the X.
By eclipxe Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:27 am
summer2k wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:I ordered mine from Thomann. Will post back when I get an ETA. But I heard March/April from my Sweetwater rep for the X and all sources I've read say the X will definitely be after the Live. Would be a pleasant surprise if it came sooner.

I followed your lead Sinamsis and also pre-ordered the X from Thomann. It's being shipped to my home in the U.S. so I was not charged VAT. Even if I'm charged customs fees upon delivery, I will still save $$$ from what US stores are currently charging.

While I wait for it to get here, I will spend the time converting my huge Akai multi-sampled instruments library to .akp format so I can load them on the X. That also means I will be in the market for a good deal on a 2TB internal SSD drive for the X.

You can't replace or expand the internal storage. You can use an external drive, but not upgrade/replace internal storage.