MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Tripn3o3 Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm
So emailed Bax UK again to verify if my MPC X is in with the shipment BAX are expecting this week.

The reply I got was....

Thank you for your e-mail.

As I already said the shipment from our supplier is on its way to us.

I called them today and they said it should be arriving tomorrow or on Monday.

Therefore, I am afraid it won't be with you until after the bank holiday.

Kind regards,

Anna | Bax Music

To me it sounds like the MPC X is very possibly on the shipment they are about to receive.. but, still not sure :hmmm:
Think I've annoyed her with my email too :lol:
By zangetsu01 Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:So emailed Bax UK again to verify if my MPC X is in with the shipment BAX are expecting this week.

The reply I got was....

Thank you for your e-mail.

As I already said the shipment from our supplier is on its way to us.

I called them today and they said it should be arriving tomorrow or on Monday.

Therefore, I am afraid it won't be with you until after the bank holiday.

Kind regards,

Anna | Bax Music

To me it sounds like the MPC X is very possibly on the shipment they are about to receive.. but, still not sure :hmmm:
Think I've annoyed her with my email too :lol:

She can be annoyed as much as she wants.. She should just do her job.. But I still got the feeling that she's misinformed.

I hope she is right tho.. :mrgreen: And we can get or 'X'es as soon as possible.. The wait is killing me.. Anyway thanks for informing..!!
By TreHolla Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 pm
"In all honesty, I can't help thinking, when will they release or plan to release the actual version?
It is a bit funny…the units are out there and software is still in beta with no word on when the actual version will be out. People are paying to get to beta-test currently."

By emdog  Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Every since google, releasing partially complete products and working out the bugs as you go along is the new way of operating. I think it's great, as long as the companies release updates frequently and consistently. the problem occurs when companies release an unfinished OS and rarely update. Hopefully Akai has learned their lesson from the MPC 5000 and are willing to provide plenty of updates adding functionality and bug fixes. I think it's hopeful since MPC 2.0 software is shared between desktop and standalones.

Apparently they haven't. If you're charging people to have the opportunity to beta test that's counter-intuitive and leads to incompetency. You get CV gates, instead of additional outputs with firewire connectivity.

Which leads to money lost because, while CV gates are a nice upgrade for upgrade's sake. Practicality (which is key when upgrading) is being compromised in the meantime. Remember people go to school for engineering degrees and the chance to design and test equipment like this. But if you can buy a spot, you get a chance to "improve," "design," or essentially "engineer," a product, that us dedicated Akai users will be using for years to come.

CV gates would be like adding a coffee maker to a car. Which is cool, but not really necessary. Added outputs with firewire connectivity (which enhances it's hybrid capabilities) does exactly that. Makes it a true hybrid. Like taking an old school classic car, and throwing an electric engine in it. Again I'd be fine if my car was unable to make coffee in it.

More metaphor: if gas is analog, and electric is computer/digital, then it'd be very cost effective and time saving, if my car was designed to use both.

akai made the rhythm wolf, timbre wolf, tom cat, the 500 (which is actually pretty handy if it could get some more sample time) two non standalone maschine clones, and countless other midi controllers for live, since the 2500 and the 5000.

I mean you can keep adding more bells and whistles and neglect the actual engineering of the "music production center," that is the mpc itself.

combining and knowing which features to add, and essentially "engineer," should involve people that can justify improvements.

making money by selling spots now, costs them hundreds of thousands, if not multiple millions. it costs money to "design and engineer" those cv gates. it seems like im going in on the cv gates, but the metaphor says everything.
By zangetsu01 Thu May 25, 2017 7:39 pm
Everybody wants something else, Ive heard:

Digital connectors like spdif;
More outputs;
More midi connectors;
A detachable touch screen;
HDMI ports;
And the list goes on and on..

You can't satisfy the world. In the end it's up to you to decide whether the machine fits your workflow or not..

It's like this man who had a vision to build a house. While building the house, his neighbor walked by and advised
him to put the window 2 meters higher. And so he did it. Then his cousin came by and advised him to make the front
door smaller and to put the window at the other side of the house. And so he did it.

This went on and on, even the dentist and the psychiatrist had something to say about it.

In the end the man wasn't happy with the result because it was not the house of his vision..!!

Buy whatever suits you and leave out the complaining about missing stuff.
By TreHolla Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 am
"Buy whatever suits you and leave out the complaining about missing stuff."

^ that's the statement of someone that would work for native instruments, or might have came up with the cv gates. you typed all that to say that you can't build something to make everyone happy. and that's true. but that's why its being developed. and recommendations about aesthetics can be debated, however, practicality shouldn't be.

moving a window two meters higher, and making a door smaller, are not the same. that's a cop out. if they haven't released it yet, and someone mentioned that you have to buy a spot to help "develop" it, it might explain why we end up with a window being moved two meters higher and making a door smaller. rather than something immediately beneficial like solar panels?

again, coffee maker versus the hybrid engine.
By marctronixx Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:42 pm
Just called the distribution center regional corporate office in california to inquire about the dates of the X and Live on their site.

The cat mentioned to me that the LIVE has a NEW shipping date of July 7th 2017 and the X is.... OCTOBER 5th 2017 !!!!!! :Sigh: :WTF: :shock:
By zangetsu01 Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:59 pm
marctronixx wrote:Just called the distribution center regional corporate office in california to inquire about the dates of the X and Live on their site.

The cat mentioned to me that the LIVE has a NEW shipping date of July 7th 2017 and the X is.... OCTOBER 5th 2017 !!!!!! :Sigh: :WTF: :shock:

That's strange,

Yesterday I received a mail from Baxshop that they've got an confirmed shipping date of June 23. Maybe your distribution center was late with placing orders.

Or Bax is trying to keep me on a string.
By Dj Bo Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 pm
MPC X is now 1999 euro at baxshop.nl. I think it's a drop from 2149. But in the last couple of months they went from 2199 to 2049 to 2149, so it's probably not a steady price now. Once in while they do a 10 % discount weekend. Not now.
Strangely Bax Belgium 2098, Bax France 2199.
Thomann still 2199.
I'd rather buy at Thomann, because Bax was misleading last year for months with the availability date for the Live. Thomann just said: not yet available, more honest.
Greets
By Danoc Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 pm
Dj Bo wrote:Keymusic Netherlands has 3 days of 10 % discount now. Just ordered the MPCX with 10 % off it's 1795 €. So that's more like it. Can't wait :).

Congrats when get it show it off in the thread l made. Have fun.