MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BornElevation Fri May 05, 2017 1:54 pm
I know these dates move around, but Guitar center and B+H photo have moved there dates way out. Guitar center went from May to now July and B+H photo now has a September date??? There has been no official word on release dates of the X or the Live from Akai even though the Live is out in some places?? I been with a Akai since 1992 (MPC 60 II) but what's up with all the lack of communication???
By marctronixx Fri May 05, 2017 2:44 pm
Yeah i see that July 10 date on GC for the X. Im still banking I will get my preordered X within the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe those dates are for the second batch of units to ship out?

The live was soft launched as i was able to get one 4 days ago from a local store and i didnt even pre order (i preordered the X though!! And didnt even look at the live until I saw it was released).

Ill follow up if I see my X sometime in the next 3 weeks... :D
By zangetsu01 Tue May 23, 2017 11:07 am
Nice..

Today I've send an email to Baxshop asking about the delively date of the MPC X because it has been set back again..!! :Sigh:

They said that the distribitor can't give them an exact day yet.
But they expect the MPC Live to arive within 10 days.
By Tripn3o3 Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Nice..

Today I've send an email to Baxshop asking about the delively date of the MPC X because it has been set back again..!! :Sigh:

Bax UK must be playing tricks!
I emailed them today, as they said MPC X would be delivered to Bax today. This is the reply I got,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I spoke to our supplier today and they have confirmed that the shipment is on its way to us.

Therefore, it should be delivered to us and shipped out to you later this week.

As I already mentioned, you will be sent an automatic e-mail the moment your order has left our warehouse.

Kind regards,

Anna | Bax Music

Now I'm not sure if they are getting confused withe the Live shipment or not? :hmmm:
By Wormhelmet Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm
Man, lots of people now have the MPC Live EL edition. I wonder how long until the MPC Live regular version and the X regular versions will ship. I'm sure they will release the X in an EL edition first like the Live.
By Fanu Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:Man, lots of people now have the MPC Live EL edition. I wonder how long until the MPC Live regular version and the X regular versions will ship. I'm sure they will release the X in an EL edition first like the Live.

EL?
By zangetsu01 Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Nice..

Bax UK must be playing tricks!
I emailed them today, as they said MPC X would be delivered to Bax today. This is the reply I got,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I spoke to our supplier today and they have confirmed that the shipment is on its way to us.

Therefore, it should be delivered to us and shipped out to you later this week.

As I already mentioned, you will be sent an automatic e-mail the moment your order has left our warehouse.

Kind regards,

Anna | Bax Music

Now I'm not sure if they are getting confused withe the Live shipment or not? :hmmm:

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you email them again to verify Live/X?

Although I think she was talking about the Live.
By starmanwarz Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 pm
I've been rocking my MPC X since March and I'm having a blast. In case you haven't heard, our Lord and Savior Andy Mac announced that both the X/Live were released in March. So go out there and buy yours today!

I don't see a problem here.
By Fanu Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:Waiting for edition you don't have to play with bugs on.

:P

In all honesty, I can't help thinking, when will they release or plan to release the actual version?
It is a bit funny…the units are out there and software is still in beta with no word on when the actual version will be out. People are paying to get to beta-test currently.
By emdog Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm
Every since google, releasing partially complete products and working out the bugs as you go along is the new way of operating. I think it's great, as long as the companies release updates frequently and consistently. the problem occurs when companies release an unfinished OS and rarely update. Hopefully Akai has learned their lesson from the MPC 5000 and are willing to provide plenty of updates adding functionality and bug fixes. I think it's hopeful since MPC 2.0 software is shared between desktop and standalones.
By Tripn3o3 Tue May 23, 2017 10:28 pm
[/quote]

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you email them again to verify Live/X?

Although I think she was talking about the Live.[/quote]

Just emailed them to verify.

Will update, when I hear something back...