MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:03 pm
No regrets.. its like an old mpcs just added software .. getting to channels. And efx could be quicker..but that a fix not a problem.. you will love it.. if you have a extra cash buy the X if you have to break up with your girlfriend before xmas do it... she will understand
By Danoc Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 am
Don't forget to put up a pic of your x when you get it :-)

BULLETHEAD wrote:I'm not sure but I called GC about my order Tuesday and they told me they only had "1" MPC X in stock for the whole company and they gave me that store's number. I called them and got them to send it to me. It'll be here today, hopefully. I've been waiting since Jan. 15th. Also, GC has a 15% coupon available and you can use it on
"ANY" InMusic Brands gear. Akai, M-Audio, Alesis, Denon, etc...It'll save you $329.85 on the "X" and $179.85 on the "LIVE". But most know they'll match prices all day any day. Even no tax prices...
By summer2k Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 am
My MPC-X was delivered today...FINALLY! That thing is a beast. It's going to take me a minute to master it but I'm sure looking forward to the challenge.

Now it's time to update the firmware to 2.0.5 and get busy. :nod: :mrgreen:
By mr_debauch Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:20 am
i went to a couple of music shops around town... They will put you on an order list if you put a deposit... and they only are ordering units for those who do that.... they are not ordering a stock for the store. You essentially have to buy it before they order one for you from akai.... and the kicker..... if you put a deposit....... they have no idea if you will get one in 6 days or 6 months.

One store we have called moog audio had a display for the X and live... they then sent the live over to their other store in toronto so they could put it on display there for a while.

Not sure what is up... but canada is not looking good for any of these machines at the moment.
By Danoc Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:25 am
Congrats bro! Yeah it took me a minute to get the live. Im about 85% in the knowing of the live so l know you got your work cut out for you wi9t the X. MPC Tutor pdf tutorial helped a lot.
Show us the pic dude :-)

summer2k wrote:My MPC-X was delivered today...FINALLY! That thing is a beast. It's going to take me a minute to master it but I'm sure looking forward to the challenge.

By Danoc Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:28 am
Dam. Can you get one from the states?

mr_debauch wrote:i went to a couple of music shops around town... They will put you on an order list if you put a deposit... and they only are ordering units for those who do that.... they are not ordering a stock for the store. You essentially have to buy it before they order one for you from akai.... and the kicker..... if you put a deposit....... they have no idea if you will get one in 6 days or 6 months.

One store we have called moog audio had a display for the X and live... they then sent the live over to their other store in toronto so they could put it on display there for a while.

Not sure what is up... but canada is not looking good for any of these machines at the moment.
By mr_debauch Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:23 am
Danoc wrote:Dam. Can you get one from the states?

with the dollar as bad as it is... it wouldn't be worth it unless i drove to a guitar center and picked it up in person.... even then.. any savings would get spend on the gas it would take to drive my truck down there hahaha.

the live is listed at 1600 canadian right now.
By summer2k Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 am
Danoc wrote:Congrats bro! Yeah it took me a minute to get the live. Im about 85% in the knowing of the live so l know you got your work cut out for you wi9t the X. MPC Tutor pdf tutorial helped a lot.
Show us the pic dude :-)

summer2k wrote:My MPC-X was delivered today...FINALLY! That thing is a beast. It's going to take me a minute to master it but I'm sure looking forward to the challenge.

By back2future Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 am
mr_debauch wrote:i went to a couple of music shops around town... They will put you on an order list if you put a deposit... and they only are ordering units for those who do that.... they are not ordering a stock for the store. You essentially have to buy it before they order one for you from akai.... and the kicker..... if you put a deposit....... they have no idea if you will get one in 6 days or 6 months.

I own both machines and live in Canada. If you want these Mpc's. You have to order from elsewhere over the border. I ordered the Mpc Live from the US back in May from MpcStuff. They had 2 available.. Ordered the Mpc X B-Stock from Thomann in August and paid no duty on it and discounted cause it was B-stock..super surprised on the no duty. I have a good friend who works at Studio Economik. Back in April he told me to look elsewhere. First it was end of June beginning of July So I preordered half way through April. 2 weeks went by and May was starting. He hit me back saying he was told not till November/December possibly the new year now.. This is not a joke. If I were you I would look elsewhere and not waste anymore time. Canada is not getting them anytime soon.
They are good machines. I personally may be sending the Mpc X back to thomann as I feel it's just not worth the extra money for what it offers. Plus trusting akai to come through is not something I'm down with. The Live is a great little box. Personal Opinion here. In saying that, I would buy from a place that allows a 30 day return. Which Thomann does.
By Cockdiesel Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:06 pm
Ot but where did you get that desk? I found one that is similar for free b,ur I'd have to customize it to fit a bigger keyboard on the sliding shelf. Which is ok I guess but the shelf might not fit my sub underneath it then. Just wondering because I want a more organized setup for my stuff.
By mr_debauch Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 pm
back2future wrote:

I own both machines and live in Canada. If you want these Mpc's. You have to order from elsewhere over the border. I ordered the Mpc Live from the US back in May from MpcStuff. They had 2 available.. Ordered the Mpc X B-Stock from Thomann in August and paid no duty on it and discounted cause it was B-stock..super surprised on the no duty. I have a good friend who works at Studio Economik. Back in April he told me to look elsewhere. First it was end of June beginning of July So I preordered half way through April. 2 weeks went by and May was starting. He hit me back saying he was told not till November/December possibly the new year now.. This is not a joke. If I were you I would look elsewhere and not waste anymore time. Canada is not getting them anytime soon.
They are good machines. I personally may be sending the Mpc X back to thomann as I feel it's just not worth the extra money for what it offers. Plus trusting akai to come through is not something I'm down with. The Live is a great little box. Personal Opinion here. In saying that, I would buy from a place that allows a 30 day return. Which Thomann does.

Yeah I wouldn't have even thought to stop by studio economik for stuff like that... Yeah it looks pretty grim up here in canada... haha.
By richie Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:13 pm
If I really needed one that bad, I would just drive across the border to the states.

There are also cross border services such as CBI where you can use them as a shipping address. And then drive across and pick up your own stuff. I have a friend that uses it all the time from big items such as a set of car tires, to small sh*t.

Even if you some how got hit with customs, it's still cheaper than to deal with wack things such as the eBay global shipping program, or sellers that only deal with UPS or Fedex which tack their own handling fee on top of what you already paid for shipping.
By Bigg E Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 pm
Has anybody received Mpc x as of the month of September in the US. Just wondering ordered one on 21st of August through sweetwater and just wanted updates on customer receiving them.
By Eyalc Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:40 am
Bigg E wrote:Has anybody received Mpc x as of the month of September in the US. Just wondering ordered one on 21st of August through sweetwater and just wanted updates on customer receiving them.

I ordered one from Guitar Center on Tuesday this past week, received it three days later, Friday (yesterday). If you really want one soon, don’t have to wait on sweetwater. Unless you’re just loyal to them, which isn’t a bad thing.

Guitar center still shows them in stock. Look online to see which stores. Call them. Voila. MPC X at your door as fast as you want it shipped. And they’ll negotiate better that way. I got mine for $1685. You may have to pay tax though depending on where you are.
By Danoc Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:34 am
Ok lol

mr_debauch wrote:
Danoc wrote:Dam. Can you get one from the states?

with the dollar as bad as it is... it wouldn't be worth it unless i drove to a guitar center and picked it up in person.... even then.. any savings would get spend on the gas it would take to drive my truck down there hahaha.

the live is listed at 1600 canadian right now.