MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eclipxe Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:53 am
InspectahEX wrote:Whats the most accurate estimate of a release date as of now

Will the new mpcs work with Sierra OSX? Because currently my touch is unusable. If so when?

What's going on with your touch? Maybe I can help. I'm running Sierra and my touch is fine
By coolderb Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 am
jpeg wrote:have to laugh at how far off the mark all the release date predictions have been;

but hopefully these start to trickle in at the end of this month,

I doubt it. Checkout this exchange from the Akai Support Community:

Dj Bo 4 days ago
shipdate Netherlands MPC Live

Hi, I've ordered the Live in a big shop in the Netherlands on the 10th of January (the first day that they came online). Now I heard Andy Mac say in a video released last week the MPC Live will be shipped in a few weeks. Can you tell me when the first MPC Live's will be shipped to the Netherlands?
Thank you very much.
Dear regards
Boris
1 PERSON HAS
THIS QUESTION +1
follow

Link

EMPLOYEE
Nick D (Employee) 4 days ago
Hey Boris,

Thanks for posting!

Shipping information cannot be handled here on the forum. The best avenue for shipping status inquiries is to contact the retailer with which you are doing business. Please contact the retailer from which you have placed your order for the MPC X for the most accurate information regarding shipping dates.

I hope this helps you!
comment good answer!

Dj Bo 2 days ago
Thank you for your reply,
I've asked them and they expEct the first delivery in week 17. But you are the only ones who can give a confirmation as you would know when the Live will be done in you factory including the 2.0 software in the unit itself. Do you have scheduled day for the first Live's to leave the factory?
comment good answer!

EMPLOYEE
Nick D (Employee) 3 hours ago
If that is the date that is expected I would use that information. The retailer with whom you are doing business will have the most accurate information regarding when they will be shipping units from their warehouses.
comment good answer!

kejlabal 3 hours ago
Guys from Akai, you seem to be joking. The retailers are all waiting for a valid information from you. And you're asking us to ask them ??? WTF ???
You can be serious on this point.
comment good answer!
Nick D (Employee) 3 hours ago
Not saying that you should be asking the retailer when the product is released as there is no specific date regarding the release of the hardware. The hardware is expected to release summer 2017. Ship dates from retailers are determined by those retailers which is why I do recommend coordinating this information directly with the retailer that you are doing business with.
kejlabal 2 hours ago
What about the Q1 that was on the FAQ you give us at most questions ?
What happened so you can release in time as it was announced ?

You must understand that most of us gave Akai and retailers nearly 1K and we don't have any informations on when we'll have what we've paid for.

I must edit to say that Akai is doing business with retailers. I don't. I'm just a customer, nothing to compare.
By Ill-Green Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 am
Other words, what Nick trying to say is that certain shops will get them first and some won't get them. So if you ordered from shop A and shop B gets the first batches, it could be a month before shop A can fulfill orders. Thats why they say verify with retailers because each gets a different shipment.

Its like I said, Cabbage Patch Kids crisis! Should've preordered early gents :?
By jpeg Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:06 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Other words, what Nick trying to say is that certain shops will get them first and some won't get them. So if you ordered from shop A and shop B gets the first batches, it could be a month before shop A can fulfill orders. Thats why they say verify with retailers because each gets a different shipment.

Its like I said, Cabbage Patch Kids crisis! Should've pre-ordered early gents :?

by ur logic it would not matter if someone placed a pre-order early; cos if the retailer they ordered with does not get enuff units in the first shipment to fulfill all of its pre-orders, then that person will be stuck playing the same waiting game as those who did not pre-order.

from what Nick said it appears that he was simply unable or unwilling to deny or confirm any shipping dates, so dunno how u arrived at the conclusion that he said some stores will get them first?

that seems like a logical leap imo.
Last edited by jpeg on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:06 pm
jpeg wrote:
by ur logic it would not matter if someone ordered early; because if u happened to place ur order with a store that does not get the units first, then ur playing the same waiting game as those who have not ordered.

but ultimately I dont follow the deductive reasoning that lead to ur conclusion; from Nick said it appears that he was simply unable or unwilling to deny or confirm any shipping dates for the units, so I not clear how u arrived at the conclusion that he said some stores will get them first, as that seems like a logical failure imo.

Please stay off the Star Trek marathons, your dreams of being Spock is diluting whatever the **** you trying to say :hmmm:
By Danoc Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 am
Accurate estimate?
To tell you the truth WE DON'T KNOW!

InspectahEX wrote:Whats the most accurate estimate of a release date as of now

Will the new mpcs work with Sierra OSX? Because currently my touch is unusable. If so when?
By zangetsu01 Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 pm
Chillin wrote:Over here in Holland 5 weeks. And for the Live 2 weeks.

It's 4 weeks for the X:

https://www.bax-shop.nl/midi-studio-controllers/akai-mpc-x-muziekproductie-console-standalone

And 13 days for the Live:

https://www.bax-shop.nl/studio-workstation/akai-mpc-live-muziekproductie-console-standalone

But if it's acurate.. Don't know.. It's been stable for a few weeks now (No continiously date changes)..
By richie Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 pm
I just got received an email with an upper level source at InMusic:

"We are currently working out an issue with the MPC X shipment. The shipment was set to arrive by the end of June however due to cost cutting measures, we opted to send the first run via sea vessel which usually takes anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks. Now to make measures worse, we received word that there is a hostage type situation by Filipino pirates demanding a ransom to release the contents of the ship as well was the staff.

Unfortunately the ransom amount is several times more than our initial manufacturing and shipping cost so we opting to cut our losses, do a second run of the MPC X and have it sent to them via DHL air.

Interestingly enough, the MPC Live is expected to arrive on time to our Asian and European suppliers as those units were sent separetely via air priority from our Shenzen manufacturing plant.

Lead Support & Acquisitions
inMusic
"