MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 am
kaydigi wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Musicianfriends has them in stock now and they offering me 20% off, about to dump B&H myself.

How much is tax though?

It came out to $959.88 without tax for me.
By Ill-Green Sat May 06, 2017 12:42 pm
Icepulse wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Musicianfriends has them in stock now and they offering me 20% off, about to dump B&H myself It came out to $959.88 without tax for me.

Good for you, bro. Welcome in!
I'm all over mine.

https://instagram.com/p/BTvL2GtjCfw/

Got until Monday to take the offer, the reason I haven't yet is because they really not "in stock" but reserved for the 2nd batch thats coming in a couple of weeks. We'll see, I can't really cancel until Monday too, decisions!

How are the pads? And how is the sound, comparable to their old standalones or something new but dope?
By cmackg Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 pm
AkaiProAU wrote:Re: iLok and MPC Software 2.0 authorisation.

It is my understanding that:

1. You don't need a physical dongle/iLok, as previously mentioned.
2. You can license two computers or two iLok's; or 1 x computer and 1 x iLok.
3. Once a computer or iLok is authorised it no longer needs to be online to authorise the software. Online activation is a once-off thing.
4. 2.0, with iLok, gives you the ability to use MPC Software 2.0 without being tethered to your unit.
5. Both MPC Live and MPC X will function in standalone mode without the use of iLok or the need to go online.

I'm a little confused -- if I have an iLok, I should be able to run the software n as many computers as I want, as long as the ilok key is connected, right? Like the general iLok model, use the key to run where you want.
By Icepulse Sat May 06, 2017 5:17 pm
Ill-Green wrote:How are the pads? And how is the sound, comparable to their old standalones or something new but dope?

Pads are the same as the Touch, which is to say they're great.

Like Masada said in his beta vids, the sound is great. It's not colored by the hardware tech limitations from back in the day; more transparent. But in my experience, you're sound is ultimately defined by your ear and your skill and your patience.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with it.
By Dioe Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm
jpeg wrote:UK no sign of that MPC live; as soon as they mofos shipping im start scrambling but I aint on no pre order list to im hoping I can get one of the units from a canceled pre-order

Where in the uk? Hope the ship docks at Liverpool and not darn south :Sigh: still no sign and dawsons music confirmed again 22/24th may for delivery
By Fanu Sun May 07, 2017 5:54 pm
Dioe wrote:So the lives are in America, Finland, anywhere else? Lookslike the ships sailed right past the uk :Sigh: **** BREXIT

No, we haven't had anything but this one demo unit.
May 25 should be the store date for Live stock.
By AkaiProAU Sun May 07, 2017 11:52 pm
cmackg wrote:I'm a little confused -- if I have an iLok, I should be able to run the software n as many computers as I want, as long as the ilok key is connected, right? Like the general iLok model, use the key to run where you want.

Spot on.
By Dioe Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm
Anyone from the uk have a live yet??? Dawsons have just put their dates back to 6/6/17, so the 25th and 30th is out of the window, another **** week :evil: added to the 4 month I've allready been waiting, this has gone beyond a joke.
By RodmanSan Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm
Dioe wrote:Anyone from the uk have a live yet??? Dawsons have just put their dates back to 6/6/17, so the 25th and 30th is out of the window, another **** week :evil: added to the 4 month I've allready been waiting, this has gone beyond a joke.

I read on several other forums like Elektronauts that some peeps in the UK and other countries in Europe are receiving or picking up their MPC Live.
By smellypants Wed May 24, 2017 3:57 pm
Dioe wrote:Anyone from the uk have a live yet??? Dawsons have just put their dates back to 6/6/17, so the 25th and 30th is out of the window, another **** week :evil: added to the 4 month I've allready been waiting, this has gone beyond a joke.

Did you preorder?

I'm guessing those new dates are for batch number 2 because my Dawsons in Manchester were expecting them yesterday, but because of the recent attack didn't get the shipment..

I reckons other shores throughout the U.K either have them already or will within the next couple days :o