MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By omygod Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm
I called GC yesterday when the site stated that it was in stock. I called them and the rep told me that they were in but that they were all preorders. I did not believe him so i called my local GC and the rep found 9 in stock at their warehouse . I paid cash and just recieved my shipping confirmation ..
By vanballen Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm
Maybe you grabbed one away from the pre orders.. By a dumb employee... Haha... anyway, Nice one m8!
By Certified Beatz Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 am
He is correct recieving my preorder Monday. They sent 2nd day.. i was not happy with them adding second day so they reimbursed my card.. also sucks i had to pay for shipping ..pssl matched GC quote but had free shipping and sales taxes.. they still dont have it.. bit surprised i will be getting it thought i was going to get it in october... happy as can be right now
By Tripn3o3 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 am
So still waiting on my MPC X from BAX UK.... :lol:
They reckon around the 18th September they'll be receiving them..
I've had it in my head that it was probably gunna be September/October but this wait is really doing my head in!
Especially when I see UK stores with them in stock, tried to get price match of £1294 but they can't get no where near what I paid, said that Akai screwed the initial prices up & they wasn't correct when they first announced them & that is the reason they wont price match it.

Just hoping now that BAX don't pull some funny shiz & ask for more when they finally arrive, they seem cool so far & haven't queried the price or anything, had some stink ass attitude off one employee in a email reply but that's only coz I wanna know where my X is :lol:

Last time I had to wait this long on a pre-order was for my Avalon Bassline (Like a Roland TB303 but with the balls of satan inside :worthy: ) So it was worth the wait & I'm hoping that coz I gotta wait longtime again for the X the same can be said again!

Glad other peeps have finally got theirs & the initial responses on the X so far have been that it is a beast & can only get better with updates.

I'll be new to the MPC workflow, purchasing the MPC X/Live bible on Friday so can delve into it & start to understand it a little more, had a little session on my cousins Live & liked it so should be same with the X.

Can't wait! :smoker:
By Tripn3o3 Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am
Fanu wrote:https://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_mpc_x.htm

Thomann seems to have them in stock.

Noticed that too, BAX reckon they will have their delivery in 10 days... Really hoping so!
Was gonna book a week off work from the 18th so I could get to grips with the X when it arrives but due to staff shortages it ain't possible :vomit: just my luck :lol:
By BigDaddyDavee Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 pm
Anyone else from the UK still waiting for the MPC X? Although I pre-ordered and paid way back in (forgotten), I have pretty much given up. Just looking for a feel for whether to give up completely or not.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 pm
BigDaddyDavee wrote:Anyone else from the UK still waiting for the MPC X? Although I pre-ordered and paid way back in (forgotten), I have pretty much given up. Just looking for a feel for whether to give up completely or not.

Still waiting on mine, bought from BAX music UK in /around April.
Hopefully BAX should be getting stock in 6-8 days.. we'll see though..
Which store did you purchase from? Hope you get yours soon!
By BigDaddyDavee Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Andertons. Last time I spoke to them they told me that they only had 2 pre-orders. Mine and someone else's.

I am thinking about cancelling and picking one up in a few months when they no doubt drop in price like most tech does after the initial excitement. That's long passed!
By Ibunshi Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:58 pm
Got a message that my X was sent today, so expect to pick it up after work tomorrow.. It's still listed as to arrive at the retailer at the end of September, but I'm one of the first to preorder with them, so was also first in line..
But since the date has not changed I assume they only got a small number of units enough to cover some, or just my preorder.. But I've seen another store list just a single unit available..

That is kind of shitty.. Though I'm in Sweden and I guess the demand is not as great over here.

But prices have been bouncing up and down like crazy for about a month or two.. At worst it has been around $470 above the price I placed the preorder at.

That's not extreme, but enough to get you another, additional quality piece of gear.

Great way to piss off some customers I bet.
By summer2k Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:01 am
It's with mixed feelings I announce that the MPC X I ordered from Sweetwater way back in mid February has finally shipped. I should receive it by end of day next Friday (7/29/17). I'm not sure if I'll keep it or send it back due to some of the missing features I've heard some of the members of this forum and elsewhere complain about.

I've recently picked up an Akai MPK261 MIDI controller keyboard, upgraded to Studio One 3.5, Reason 9.5, and Toontrack SD3, among others. So I've kind of hit that sweet spot when it comes to studio gear. I'm not sure if the MPC X will bring anything new to the table that I don't already have covered.

I'm hoping that the long overdue 2.0.5 software update will be released within the 30 days grace period I'll have to return the X for a full refund and that it adds significant features to give me a reason to keep it. if not it's going back with the quickness.

It's funny how earlier this year I was all excited about the X but now that Akai made us wait so long I've since moved on to other gear and could really care less about the X. Good thing I was able to preorder it for 1619 and not 2k. At that price I think it's a good deal assuming Akai (eventually) delivers all advertised features in a reasonable amount of time.

So to those of you that have received your Live or X machines and have been using it for a while now, what are your thoughts about it? Does it meet your expectations? What do you like or dislike about it? Any regrets or is it all good?