MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Coz Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am
Tripn3o3 wrote:Hope Coz gets it & they're not playing.

And me but I'm a born skeptic so I won't believe it until it's actually here! :)

I don't think Andy Mac knows his arse from his elbow, so I wouldn't latch onto anything he says.
By Danoc Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am
Lol :lol: :lol: :nod:

Coz wrote:

And me but I'm a born skeptic so I won't believe it until it's actually here! :)

I don't think Andy Mac knows his arse from his elbow, so I wouldn't latch onto anything he says.
By Fanu Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 am
Coz wrote:

Well, at least he's been nice and informative to me, and what he has said to me has happened (re: Live + beta).
By BULLETHEAD Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 pm
emdog wrote:Guitar Center also go theirs, but they only received 31 and those are going to preorders.

I've called Guitar Center 4 or 5 times and each Rep told me they haven't received any units yet and that they're still expecting them in Oct..smdh Plus My order with them was accidentally canceled by their system and they tried to tell me that unfortunately that dropped me further down in line. I originally ordered Jan 15th.
By marctronixx Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:54 pm
placed my order in february for the X and i have a ship notice from GC. I will have the X in my hands tomorrow (monday july 24th).

they are indeed shipping from GC. this one is shipping from a Kansas City GC warehouse.

BULLETHEAD wrote:
emdog wrote:Guitar Center also go theirs, but they only received 31 and those are going to preorders.

I've called Guitar Center 4 or 5 times and each Rep told me they haven't received any units yet and that they're still expecting them in Oct..smdh Plus My order with them was accidentally canceled by their system and they tried to tell me that unfortunately that dropped me further down in line. I originally ordered Jan 15th.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 am
Thought I would have a little fish around & Red Dog Music (UK)
They reckon they are getting very limited stock of the MPC X around the 31st July...

how can this be, if MPC X is still enroute to EU/UK?

They also said, if I pay a small deposit, I may.... be able to reserve one off the first batch, I asked them about price too if they can go any cheaper than the £ 1849, said no chance of that for a quite a while, till they become more available... :vomit:

I've already got mine on preorder from another store, so alls good really apart from the waiting....
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:Thought I would have a little fish around & Red Dog Music (UK)
They reckon they are getting very limited stock of the MPC X around the 31st July...

how can this be, if MPC X is still enroute to EU/UK?

They also said, if I pay a small deposit, I may.... be able to reserve one off the first batch, I asked them about price too if they can go any cheaper than the £ 1849, said no chance of that for a quite a while, till they become more available... :vomit:

I've already got mine on preorder from another store, so alls good really apart from the waiting....

I've had contact with Guitar Center U.K. yesterday. And the've said the same thing. They are receiving a few on the 31th of July and that if I would like to reserve one from the first batch I should drop a deposit.

Thomann is one of the biggest music instrument stores in the EU. And they also say the 31th of July.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 pm
Hoping that BAX get some too then... Not sure if I'll make it on the first batch though as I pre-ordered in April.
Might get in touch with BAX see if they are getting any early ones...
Hope we are on it if so!
By Fanu Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:how can this be, if MPC X is still enroute to EU/UK?

Fanu wrote:Talked to Akai. They admitted there is no EU stock for X yet.
Andy Mac says they're waiting shipping for X on 2nd week of August, and shop date hopefully a week after that.

Seems the vibe on this forum still is that people take the shops' made-up dates over what Akai says.
All good. Just don't be frustrated when the shop dates keep moving…

I think we've already seen and learnt that shops post those dates just to lock preorders.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:38 pm
In the end it doesn't realy matter who you believe or not. We'll have to wait till it gets here.
Altough I also hope Bax will receive their units next week.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:Hoping that BAX get some too then... Not sure if I'll make it on the first batch though as I pre-ordered in April.
Hope we are on it if so!

Yes call them. I've called them last saturday and the said 5 weeks. That makes 4 now.
By Fanu Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Tripn3o3 wrote:Hoping that BAX get some too then... Not sure if I'll make it on the first batch though as I pre-ordered in April.
Hope we are on it if so!

Yes call them. I've called them last saturday and the said 5 weeks. That makes 4 now.

And that would match roughly with what Andy said.

I dunno, it just kind of makes me laugh still seeing people get excited over shop dates…like, if there was a shop updating a date saying it'll be out next week, peeps are going to be like "w000t it's out soon!" and then when it's not out that week, they get all grumpy.
While I'm posting info directly from Akai. But it's all good. If dudes want to go for that cycle of getting excited over shop dates and then frustrated, that is absolutely fine with me.
By zangetsu01 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:51 pm
Fanu wrote:And that would match roughly with what Andy said.

I dunno, it just kind of makes me laugh still seeing people get excited over shop dates…like, if there was a shop updating a date saying it'll be out next week, peeps are going to be like "w000t it's out soon!" and then when it's not out that week, they get all grumpy.
While I'm posting info directly from Akai. But it's all good. If dudes want to go for that cycle of getting excited over shop dates and then frustrated, that is absolutely fine with me.

While I understand what you are trying to say, You already left the waiting camp.
We all know that we should take these dates with a grain of salt.

To tell you the truth I don't trust the store dates and I don't trust Akai. Especially Andy Mac.
He, Goodliffe and Dan are known to be big liars.

So even if what he told you turns out to be true, I'm like screw it.. I'll believe it when I see it.