MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:39 am
So will you keep the Live and return the X?

back2future wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:i went to a couple of music shops around town... They will put you on an order list if you put a deposit... and they only are ordering units for those who do that.... they are not ordering a stock for the store. You essentially have to buy it before they order one for you from akai.... and the kicker..... if you put a deposit....... they have no idea if you will get one in 6 days or 6 months.

One store we have called moog audio had a display for the X and live... they then sent the live over to their other store in toronto so they could put it on display there for a while.

Not sure what is up... but canada is not looking good for any of these machines at the moment.

I own both machines and live in Canada. If you want these Mpc's. You have to order from elsewhere over the border. I ordered the Mpc Live from the US back in May from MpcStuff. They had 2 available.. Ordered the Mpc X B-Stock from Thomann in August and paid no duty on it and discounted cause it was B-stock..super surprised on the no duty. I have a good friend who works at Studio Economik. Back in April he told me to look elsewhere. First it was end of June beginning of July So I preordered half way through April. 2 weeks went by and May was starting. He hit me back saying he was told not till November/December possibly the new year now.. This is not a joke. If I were you I would look elsewhere and not waste anymore time. Canada is not getting them anytime soon.
They are good machines. I personally may be sending the Mpc X back to thomann as I feel it's just not worth the extra money for what it offers. Plus trusting akai to come through is not something I'm down with. The Live is a great little box. Personal Opinion here. In saying that, I would buy from a place that allows a 30 day return. Which Thomann does.
By kubes Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm
BigDaddyDavee wrote:Andertons. Last time I spoke to them they told me that they only had 2 pre-orders. Mine and someone else's.

I am thinking about cancelling and picking one up in a few months when they no doubt drop in price like most tech does after the initial excitement. That's long passed!

That's what I`m counting on as well - the price drop. The X has been announced in Q1/2017 and is finally available, at least over here in Germany. But we are talking about a delay of 6-9 months ...I am pretty sure that there were quite a few people who cancelled their pre-order due to rumours in the various forums kinda "uh, this is bad and that is not working and don't trust Akai, bla bla" combined with non-realistic delivery dates or whatsover reasons.
I am really curious if Akai had to lower their original perspective/sales forecast due to hesitating users (like me as well, I have to admit) and thus might lower the price in the near future to get their units sold. 1799: ok, but 2199...way too much. Of course, there is years of development and thousands of engineering hours coming along with it, that has to be earned now. But 2.2k EUR...wow.

And: taking a look to used Lives offered at ebay market place, there are quite a few, listed for weeks already and none of those have a chance to be sold even for the original price of 999 EUR although we are talking about more or less unused units (3 months old, not registered, plenty of guarantee left...). 900 EUR seems to be the price range. Or even worse: a barely used Live was sold for 823 EUR at ebay recently.
Something similar might happen to the X as well.
By starmanwarz Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:05 pm
Those who desperately wanted an X got it already, either with the old price (plus any extra discounts) or with the new ridiculous price of 2.200 Euros. Now, X's will be rotting in warehouses until they drop the price to reasonable standards. 1.000 for the Live and 1.600 for the X are reasonable prices. This is Akai, not Moog.
Last edited by starmanwarz on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kubes Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am
starmanwarz wrote:[...] 1.000 for the Live and 1.600 for the X are reasonable prices. [...]

Your voice has not not been heard yet, but I'll give you all thumbs up. Maybe Akai marketing will promote some kind of Xmas sale (for the X only :lol:)
By Tripn3o3 Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 pm
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered an MPC X from BAX shop & it has arrived yet?
They still keep pushing the dates back, it's now 8th November at the moment expected arrival.

It was only yesterday that it 9 days expected arrival :x

Guessing a lot of people haven't cancelled the order yet as they got a nice price locked in & BAX are gunna keep dragging it out till people cancel so BAX don't lose out as much.

I'm locked in & paid upfront £1295 in April, so if there is quite a lot of people who are locked in at that price BAX stand to lose roughly £554 every MPC X unit already locked in at discount price as it retailing at £1849 currently.

I'm not gunna cancel, I want my X really pi$$ing me off now though this, as pretty much every other shop has had them in stock or still do.
Gunna wait till 16/10/17 then message them if nothing arrived & the date is still a fair few weeks to go, find out what the F is happening.

Shit at this rate, we'll have found life on another planet before BAX ship an MPC X :lol:

Hope everyone is enjoying their X's & lives in the meantime!
By zangetsu01 Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 am
Tripn3o3 wrote:Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered an MPC X from BAX shop & it has arrived yet?
They still keep pushing the dates back, it's now 8th November at the moment expected arrival.

It was only yesterday that it 9 days expected arrival :x

Guessing a lot of people haven't cancelled the order yet as they got a nice price locked in & BAX are gunna keep dragging it out till people cancel so BAX don't lose out as much.

I'm locked in & paid upfront £1295 in April, so if there is quite a lot of people who are locked in at that price BAX stand to lose roughly £554 every MPC X unit already locked in at discount price as it retailing at £1849 currently.

I'm not gunna cancel, I want my X really pi$$ing me off now though this, as pretty much every other shop has had them in stock or still do.
Gunna wait till 16/10/17 then message them if nothing arrived & the date is still a fair few weeks to go, find out what the F is happening.

**** at this rate, we'll have found life on another planet before BAX ship an MPC X :lol:

Hope everyone is enjoying their X's & lives in the meantime!

I was like you a few months ago.. Until I realised the game BAX is playing with their costumers regarding the MPC X. Here in the Netherlands they even placed a fake review on their website.

I went to another store and got my X there because of this game they are playing. I won't be buying anything else from them anytime soon knowing that I already spent around 2000 euro's this year.

I canceled even tough I had a good price.. All the other stores around here have them in stock..

How can they place a review if no one has received their unit yet.

Let me translate the review:

Hugo Z. 22 september 2017

Has written the following: AKAI MPC X muziekproduction console (standalone)

Super Device.. Only Akia isn't so good with giving out exact delivery dates (This is something Baxshop can't do anything about). The new MPC X is the wet dream of every drumproducer!

Does this sound like a real customer review? :Sigh: How long are you going to wait for them? :popcorn:
By NoidZ Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 am
I had contact with Akai, saying they would deliver in the beginning of October. This morning I got an e-mail from BAX again that the X was again delayed (for the 7th time now. I filed a public complaint for everyone to see what they are doing. I want them to send me my X next week or give me EU400 extra so I can buy it from somewhere else.

Last couple of weeks I've asked multiple people if they got theirs yet, when and from where. Some people got theirs in August or even got a hand of two which they ordered back in April. I ordered mine in January.

Also.. I don't know if it's an bug or something, but when their site says deliverable within 3 weeks, the next week it becomes 15 workdays (which is still 3 weeks anywhere else on this planet).. haven't seen this on anything else than the MPC X though.
By zangetsu01 Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am
NoidZ wrote:Also.. I don't know if it's an bug or something, but when their site says deliverable within 3 weeks, the next week it becomes 15 workdays (which is still 3 weeks anywhere else on this planet).. haven't seen this on anything else than the MPC X though.

I too was following the delevery status like a hawk but soon came to an conclusion that it's an automated process. When it comes down to a few days left and it's still not in stock it will jump to 3 weeks automatically.

And sometimes they push it back even further, back to 8 weeks. I think that's done manually.
By Tripn3o3 Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am
zangetsu01 wrote:I was like you a few months ago.. Until I realised the game BAX is playing with their costumers regarding the MPC X. Here in the Netherlands they even placed a fake review on their website.

I went to another store and got my X there because of this game they are playing. I won't be buying anything else from them anytime soon knowing that I already spent around 2000 euro's this year.

I canceled even tough I had a good price.. All the other stores around here have them in stock..

How can they place a review if no one has received their unit yet.

Let me translate the review:

Hugo Z. 22 september 2017

Has written the following: AKAI MPC X muziekproduction console (standalone)

Super Device.. Only Akia isn't so good with giving out exact delivery dates (This is something Baxshop can't do anything about). The new MPC X is the wet dream of every drumproducer!

Does this sound like a real customer review? :Sigh: How long are you going to wait for them? :popcorn:

I've just emailed them to answer my question about why they keep having a supply hold up.
also asked them about the MPC X review too.

Gunna wait for an reply then take it from there I think...
By Tripn3o3 Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm
NoidZ wrote:I had contact with Akai, saying they would deliver in the beginning of October. This morning I got an e-mail from BAX again that the X was again delayed (for the 7th time now. I filed a public complaint for everyone to see what they are doing. I want them to send me my X next week or give me EU400 extra so I can buy it from somewhere else.

Last couple of weeks I've asked multiple people if they got theirs yet, when and from where. Some people got theirs in August or even got a hand of two which they ordered back in April. I ordered mine in January.

Also.. I don't know if it's an bug or something, but when their site says deliverable within 3 weeks, the next week it becomes 15 workdays (which is still 3 weeks anywhere else on this planet).. haven't seen this on anything else than the MPC X though.

I've just been reading BAX UK general terms & conditions, I'm sure we are entitled to possible compensation.
Here is a couple of articles from the T&C BAX page

I might file a complaint too if it's not good news again from BAX when they reply to my email... :smoker:
By NoidZ Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm
I honestly believe everyone who ordered from BAX has to file a public complaint. This is really not ok. They lied to me at least 3 times now. I'm a really patient person (so I've learned now), but this is just insane.

I don't know a UK based website to do this, but for the Dutch among us go to https://www.klachtenkompas.nl/ to file one. Maybe the hard way will make them learn.
By zangetsu01 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 pm
Tripn3o3 wrote:I've just emailed them to answer my question about why they keep having a supply hold up.
also asked them about the MPC X review too.

Gunna wait for an reply then take it from there I think...

That's good, just remember that the review is only visible on the Dutch website.