MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vinylstyle Wed May 03, 2017 12:26 pm
After playing with the 2.0 beta and the touch, I haven't figured out how to enable and adjust warp settings per pad from the hardware. It seems to only be available from the software. The only warp settings I could find on the hardware are for audio tracks and clips. I was really looking forward to per pad warp to adjust how chops flow. I hope someone figures this out for standalone.
By kaydigi Wed May 03, 2017 1:45 pm
vinylstyle wrote:After playing with the 2.0 beta and the touch, I haven't figured out how to enable and adjust warp settings per pad from the hardware. It seems to only be available from the software. The only warp settings I could find on the hardware are for audio tracks and clips. I was really looking forward to per pad warp to adjust how chops flow. I hope someone figures this out for standalone.

Its infuriating, I spent all night trying to figure it out. I ended up just dropping the sample in Ableton and finished it there.

For anyone the has a Live can you access the wave setting on the hardware without being in audio track mode?
By Fanu Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 pm
vinylstyle wrote:After playing with the 2.0 beta and the touch, I haven't figured out how to enable and adjust warp settings per pad from the hardware. It seems to only be available from the software. The only warp settings I could find on the hardware are for audio tracks and clips. I was really looking forward to per pad warp to adjust how chops flow. I hope someone figures this out for standalone.

Warp speed, like halve/double? Mess with the BPM of the clip (although :2 / x2 like in Ableton would be handy).
By vinylstyle Wed May 03, 2017 2:21 pm
Fanu wrote:

Warp speed, like halve/double? Mess with the BPM of the clip (although :2 / x2 like in Ableton would be handy).

I'm referring to drum programs not clips. You can do this in the software by clicking on "Wave" from the Main screen right above the grid. There is a Warp button with Stretch and BPM settings right there. You can adjust the groove of a sample per pad which I was really excited for the most. Pete says the OS on the Live is not a beta. So I'm hoping the Live can do this standalone.
By Fanu Wed May 03, 2017 2:37 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Fanu wrote:

In clip program mode you can :2 / x2

Ahhh it's in software! Was only looking at hardware.
Another hardware omission, it seems…
Thanks.
By kaydigi Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm
Fanu wrote:Ahhh it's in software! Was only looking at hardware.
Another hardware omission, it seems…
Thanks.

The million dollar/markka :-D question: Will the Touch hardware get access to features when 2.0 beta goes final, or is this beginning of the Touch becoming obsolete.
By vinylstyle Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm
vinylstyle wrote:I'm referring to drum programs not clips. You can do this in the software by clicking on "Wave" from the Main screen right above the grid. There is a Warp button with Stretch and BPM settings right there. You can adjust the groove of a sample per pad which I was really excited for the most. Pete says the OS on the Live is not a beta. So I'm hoping the Live can do this standalone.

Welp, I just got my Live and can't figure out how to adjust warp per pad in either drum programs or sample/program edit. All of the warp demos were with either audio tracks or clips. Anyone more knowledgeable have an answer?
By Danoc Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 pm
Did you get a manual? Are you beta testing it? If so you should have the instructions before anyone. Or catch some vids on it.

vinylstyle wrote:
Welp, I just got my Live and can't figure out how to adjust warp per pad in either drum programs or sample/program edit. All of the warp demos were with either audio tracks or clips. Anyone more knowledgeable have an answer?
By vinylstyle Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 pm
Danoc wrote:Did you get a manual? Are you beta testing it? If so you should have the instructions before anyone. Or catch some vids on it.

vinylstyle wrote:

It only came with a quickstart guide. I did check the Live manual included in the beta 2.0 software and it doesn't document any kind of drum program warping. I've clicked and pressed everything I could and don't see how to warp normal drum programs on standalone. I wonder if that is why all of the demo videos never showed warping chops. I also tested whether chopping would somehow default into a warp mode. This doesn't seem to be the case because when I adjust the sequence tempo, the chops don't stretch.

In sample edit mode for standalone, you can't set the original BPM of the sample itself. You can only set the BPM for audio regions in audio track mode and for clips in clip programs.

It also looks like there is some kind of warping limitation on standalone. You can't select any of the elastique algorithms under the settings like you can with the software.
By kaydigi Wed May 03, 2017 7:10 pm
vinylstyle wrote:
It only came with a quickstart guide. I did check the Live manual included in the beta 2.0 software and it doesn't document any kind of drum program warping. I've clicked and pressed everything I could and don't see how to warp normal drum programs on standalone. I wonder if that is why all of the demo videos never showed warping chops. I also tested whether chopping would somehow default into a warp mode. This doesn't seem to be the case because when I adjust the sequence tempo, the chops don't stretch.

In sample edit mode for standalone, you can't set the original BPM of the sample itself. You can only set the BPM for audio regions in audio track mode and for clips in clip programs.

It also looks like there is some kind of warping limitation on standalone. You can't select any of the elastique algorithms under the settings like you can with the software.

On the Live in SAMPLE EDIT are you saying they got rid of the DETECT ---> Edit Tuning and FROM BPM options? Those are on the Touch/software.
By vinylstyle Wed May 03, 2017 7:26 pm
kaydigi wrote:
vinylstyle wrote:

On the Live in SAMPLE EDIT are you saying they got rid of the DETECT ---> Edit Tuning and FROM BPM options? Those are on the Touch/software.

That is still there under Trim. But you can't set the base BPM for warping under the Program tab. You can do this at the program pad level through the software only it seems.