MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm
Fanu wrote:So this is where people went to talk about X/Live!

Finnish retailer getting a demo Live unit next week.
Will be testing a bit.

Fanu where have you been all this time..?? I thought you where secretly testing 2.0 as an unofficial beta tester.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Feel free to share the software with me (pm)..
By Fanu Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:42 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Fanu wrote:So this is where people went to talk about X/Live!

Finnish retailer getting a demo Live unit next week.
Will be testing a bit.

Fanu where have you been all this time..?? I thought you where secretly testing 2.0 as an unofficial beta tester.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Feel free to share the software with me (pm)..

Ha, nah, haven't been doing that :)
I was offered an "unofficial" copy that requires some trickery to get it working, but ain't got time for any illegit biz!
By SlowwFloww Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 pm
What’s so special about the 2.0 software that everybody wants so bad? What is the killer feature that many can’t seem to live without? Is it audioclips/realtime timestretching? Is that it?
By zangetsu01 Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm
SlowwFloww wrote:What’s so special about the 2.0 software that everybody wants so bad? What is the killer feature that many can’t seem to live without? Is it audioclips/realtime timestretching? Is that it?

I think it's both. But also the fact that it hasn't been updated for nearly a year. We would love for the software to progress but it's been frozen for a year (version 1.9.6) while they were secretly developing the new version (2.0)behind the scene.
By Danoc Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:06 pm
You sound like you're writing for the starwars movies lil haaha the old republic against the rebels lol

Ill-Green wrote:Yes the other thread proved to be too powerful that Tutor split the thread into 3 forums and made an oath to never open the old thread again, thus forging a new beginning.
By Danoc Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 am
Like Zang said.
Also people want a new MPC standalone with uo to date functions.

E.g. The X has phantom power +48. Cv/Gate, 16 QLink knob, realtime time stretch. Many options of storage is crazy foe these machines. Better sensitive touch screen. One the dopest things for 2.0 is beat detection where it can configure music and tell you the tempo.

SlowwFloww wrote:What’s so special about the 2.0 software that everybody wants so bad? What is the killer feature that many can’t seem to live without? Is it audioclips/realtime timestretching? Is that it?
By Ill-Green Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:09 pm
Danoc wrote:You sound like you're writing for the starwars movies lil haaha the old republic against the rebels lol

Ill-Green wrote:Yes the other thread proved to be too powerful that Tutor split the thread into 3 forums and made an oath to never open the old thread again, thus forging a new beginning.

:lol: Standalone Empire!

Check this out, I knew Akai at Superbooth but nobody cares. Its May/June for the Live and X arrives a month after.

By Danoc Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm
Who is that guy thst said thst? Rep from Akai? Hmmmm
Live in May and X in June. Ok we shall see. Im getting my drums ready, sound efxs ready alsi. I told you l got that Fabfilter bundle right? Dam Fab Pro Reverb is off the chain. Looking into Slate Digital VerbSuite Classics reverb. Though l hate ilok l may have to buy into it. I got 6 HHD brand new. Im getting ready for the music war man. When that live drops lma be gone!
Ill-Green wrote: :lol: Standalone Empire!

Check this out, I knew Akai at Superbooth but nobody cares. Its May/June for the Live and X arrives a month after.

By Ill-Green Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:44 am
Danoc wrote:Who is that guy thst said thst? Rep from Akai? Hmmmm
Live in May and X in June. Ok we shall see. Im getting my drums ready, sound efxs ready alsi. I told you l got that Fabfilter bundle right? Dam Fab Pro Reverb is off the chain. Looking into Slate Digital VerbSuite Classics reverb. Though l hate ilok l may have to buy into it. I got 6 HHD brand new. Im getting ready for the music war man. When that live drops lma be gone!

Me too, I'm gonna disappear for a while and learn the Live, so many things to catch up on that 1.9 cats have the advantage of.

iLock is a hassle, I rarely use them but companies want to put you through that in order to secure their product. Feels like complete bullshit if you ask me.
By Danoc Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 am
Yeah bro lm hard at work. Just got out of the lab. Making some crispy heat.

Yeah that ilok thingy... I might get it l already have an acoount already and l don't have to buy an ilok at Slate Digital they will give you one. So l might just get the Verbsuite.

Ill-Green wrote:

Me too, I'm gonna disappear for a while and learn the Live, so many things to catch up on that 1.9 cats have the advantage of.

iLock is a hassle, I rarely use them but companies want to put you through that in order to secure their product. Feels like complete **** if you ask me.
By Fanu Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:01 pm
Ill-Green wrote:

iLock is a hassle, I rarely use them but companies want to put you through that in order to secure their product. Feels like complete **** if you ask me.

My iLok has been sitting in my USB hub for a while. Literally haven't touched it for such a long time. The only time I remember it is when someone says it's a hassle.
By Fanu Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:03 pm
One wacky thing about iLok, though, which I'm giving thumbs down for:
If you manage to break it, you need to order a new one from the company, as far as I'm concerned.
At some point I ordered a second one, thinking I'd create a backup just in case.
Seems I can't place any licenses on it now or if my first one broke; you'd have to order a new one from the company.
One'd think you could download licenses from the cloud on your new one, but afaik that is not possible.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm interested, too, if it's not like that.
At least I know for sure you simply cannot create a backup iLok, and the licenses can only reside on one physical ilok stick at a time.