MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:09 pm
MPCX/LIVE STAND ALONE CREW! NO 2.0 SOFTWARE only here, people asked for it, now we got it. We can talk about things that we see the beta testers doing with out indulging in the 2.0 software hype. I am not a fan of the software, I have 2 Daws already that are really dope, and I want to stay in those, and not trying to get into Akai's 2.0

What's your dig on what you're getting the stand alone for, be it, X or Live?

I miss the dope Akai sequencer its the best! :smoker:

See you all the Stand Alone Crew STC! :smoker: :-D

By Ill-Green Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 pm
No 2.0 here either :smoker:

I used think I needed a studio full of equipment until I got involved with the MV8800. That machine changed my whole perspective. I was doing everything all in one box. Then I applied that perspective to the MPC500 and made my whole album just on the 500 alone. I realized samplers are recorders too and will play whatever you put in. Editing and chopping samples are the same as editing and adjusting stems and tracks on a DAW.

So now, I plan to use the MPC Live as standalone as possible. Being the centerpiece with just a turntable, preamp, amp and speakers surrounding it, nothing else.

This my setup at the mo. I'm kinda boggled nowadays when people ask me where's the computer. I tell them "up your ass with Waldo"

By Danoc Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:49 am
lol Waldo lmao

Yo l thought l needed super gear to be able to make dope music. I spent from the time of 94 to 09 abour $50,000 on different equipment. During that time l only dealt with 3 drum machines.

2000XL l computer l use to do whole tracks without a computer. Dudes use to look at me side ways but respected me. It was hard for me to leave analog. But once l got to computers it was a wrap.

Now lm in the box and love it.

That Live is the truth

Ill-Green wrote:No 2.0 here either :smoker:

I used think I needed a studio full of equipment until I got involved with the MV8800. That machine changed my whole perspective. I was doing everything all in one box. Then I applied that perspective to the MPC500 and made my whole album just on the 500 alone. I realized samplers are recorders too and will play whatever you put in. Editing and chopping samples are the same as editing and adjusting stems and tracks on a DAW.

So now, I plan to use the MPC Live as standalone as possible. Being the centerpiece with just a turntable, preamp, amp and speakers surrounding it, nothing else.

This my setup at the mo. I'm kinda boggled nowadays when people ask me where's the computer. I tell them "up your ass with Waldo"

By Icepulse Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:01 am
I have MPC Touch, and I loved working with it. But I found that I turned out way more music w/ a small OP-1, simply by virtue of its portability, workflow and rechargeable battery life. I simply hate being restricted to one place. For this reason, I am extremely thrilled that the fat pads and classic workflow combine w/ the Touch tech in a standalone.
By KnackKnick Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:59 am
Damn you Danoc !

What a brotha got to do to join this stand alone crew.

I'm gonna be getting the X cos I can see myself hooking it up to some Roland synths and maybe use the CV with some eurorack modules like the Dave Rossum Electro shit.

Cheers
By Danoc Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:23 am
lol what l do?

Well this will be the place to shsre ideas and thoughts about stand alone MPCs. We wint talj about the 2.0 software.

Myself and others wanted a standalone.

KnackKnick wrote:Damn you Danoc !

What a brotha got to do to join this stand alone crew.

I'm gonna be getting the X cos I can see myself hooking it up to some Roland synths and maybe use the CV with some eurorack modules like the Dave Rossum Electro ****.

Cheers
By SILIS101 Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 pm
I will get the MPCX one year after it is released. Sooner, depending on bug fixes & features that "work right" and are not flawed from poor programming.
I can wait one year, no problem. I have what I need at the moment.
By Danoc Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:05 pm
Who said the 2000XL was analog? And how you figure its not analog? This is nit AN ARGUMENT THREAD !!!!

Fanu wrote:Good to know the hardware runs the same 2.0 software that will be on the computer.
So best not to hate on it :)

(PS: MPC2000XL is not exactly an analog sampler.)
Last edited by Danoc on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 pm
I hear you on the waiting issue. I would
Do the same but l need the standalone sequencer.
SILIS101 wrote:I will get the MPCX one year after it is released. Sooner, depending on bug fixes & features that "work right"ond are not flawed from poor programming.
I can wait one year, no problem. I have what I need at the moment.
By Danoc Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:30 am
@illGreen you got a dope setup!

I swear if the X was to drop first or the same day the Live will drop l would go and get the X.

Akai should drop them both the sane day!!!
By Danoc Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:23 am
Yeah thats dope. I wait to try out the audio tracks on the Live. From what l hear it sounds good.
What l like about the X is it has 48 Phantom power. Surely one can connect a dope tube mic to it.
Type of mic you plan on using?
pspsounds wrote:I'm looking forward to trying out the audio tracks on the X.