MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:10 am
Let me know what happens. I wanna see if your blue cord works.

J.O.BEATS wrote:I'm using the same usb that I used with the Ren for years and so I know it's not the cable. Guess I will try to reinstall 2.0 but I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly....
Thanks for the tips yo!
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:So the MPC Live has FINALLY landed in Australia. Put my preorder in waaaay back in April. My unit will be here tomorrow!! Damn that was a long wait!

Question: I have no intention of using the software but do I need it to upgrade the firmware?

No, firmware is different. I also don't use the software.
By Danoc Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:38 pm
That was a long wait. Dammmm

JeriKo Jackson wrote:So the MPC Live has FINALLY landed in Australia. Put my preorder in waaaay back in April. My unit will be here tomorrow!! Damn that was a long wait!

Question: I have no intention of using the software but do I need it to upgrade the firmware?
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 am
Ill-Green wrote:No, firmware is different. I also don't use the software.

Nice. My 1k is officially on the chopping block. I think the only thing I'll miss really is the foot switch inputs. Hope the big ass screen on the Live doesnt **** with me.

Yo I see you on the elektronauts forum too... you got a digitakt right? Dope box but they need to get the sample management together!
By starmanwarz Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:39 am
JeriKo Jackson wrote:

Nice. My 1k is officially on the chopping block. I think the only thing I'll miss really is the foot switch inputs. Hope the big ass screen on the Live doesnt **** with me.

Yo I see you on the elektronauts forum too... you got a digitakt right? Dope box but they need to get the sample management together!

Trust me, you won't miss your 1k at all, there's no comparison. I could never go back to my 2500 now. You'll love the screen and the new workflow.
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Trust me, you won't miss your 1k at all, there's no comparison. I could never go back to my 2500 now. You'll love the screen and the new workflow.

Well that is comforting. I really loved JJOS for these passed 10 years. Also the 1k form factor was a winner for me. My biggest complaints are the size of the pads, the flaky tact switches, the feel of the buttons and overall sound character. Still its a workhorse! Looking forward to the new experience but like I said though, no foot switch inputs on the live is a buzzkill. Im hope there is a workaround for it
By Ill-Green Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:55 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:

Hey whats up :-D yeah, same name everywhere. Digitakt is dope indeed, they fixed a few things but I didn't notice any sample hoarding issues, in fact you can stream through your samples on the 1GB storage as the sequence plays. Besides, after a track is done, I delete everything and start over.

Touchscreen on the Live will mess with you the first few hours if you coming from older MPCs but its not complicated once you know the symbols. It becomes a faster workflow as you dig in to it.

Good luck with your Live homie! :nod:
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am
Definitely a different experience coming from the legacy MPCs. Not bad, just different. I never messed with any of the software iterations. Its coming along pretty quickly but damn this thing has so many layers!! While I was waiting for my live I was messing around with Beatmaker3. I feel like the layout on that is far more streamlined. I mean on the live there are like 3 or 4 places to mute things it can get confusing. So far I like itthough.... But I dont LOVE it... yet. At this price point I HAVE to love it. Some of the workflow is just genius.... tap field turn jog wheel. Other times the workflow feels like a few steps too many with too much touch screen.

Im giving it 6 months before I make my final decision on whether to keep or sell. Things I don't like are.... How slow it takes to boot up. It feels much less substantial from a build quality standpoint than all my other MPCs. The realtime timestretch in standalone is a bit of a letdown. Lots of wonderful things... pad performance mode is amazing.

Aside from that Im pleased... not blown away. If yall havent checked out beatmaker 3 yet I suggest you do. I use my keystep, quneo, and MIDI Fighter twister with an a novation audiohub with my ipad air2 with beatmaker and its a great experience.... if file management wasnt such a chore I might have cancelled my Live preorder.

I will say I havent had any crashes even before I updated my firmware. Occassionally on power up all the demo projects and factory content would disappear! Happened a handful of times. Hasnt happened since I updated. Anyway back to it