MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:48 am
I can't even imagine how many floppy disks the stock content for the live would be...

Been using some of the stock keygroups tonight and some are really dope. Running the aux out to my digitakt and processing through an analog heat is baller...

Think I'm going to go through all my samples on HD, other stock samples for my midi controller, etc and pack these mfers up.

Time to put in some work.
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 am
Haahhaaha lol we would have disc a mile high for the 10 gig of content on the Lives internal HHD.

Man lm doing some stacking over head. Ish sounding crazy!

Cockdiesel wrote:I can't even imagine how many floppy disks the stock content for the live would be...

Been using some of the stock keygroups tonight and some are really dope. Running the aux out to my digitakt and processing through an analog heat is baller...

Think I'm going to go through all my samples on HD, other stock samples for my midi controller, etc and pack these mfers up.

By Ill-Green Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Danoc wrote:Haahhaaha lol we would have disc a mile high for the 10 gig of content on the Lives internal HHD.

Man lm doing some stacking over head. Ish sounding crazy!

Cockdiesel wrote:I can't even imagine how many floppy disks the stock content for the live would be...

Shit! It would've been a $700 box set back then. HA! I remember Kid Nepro tapes, even Big Fish.
By marctronixx Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm
BROTHA 'noc, KID NEPRO!!! Man those disks were the ISH!!!!!!!! WOW. You took me back on that one brotha... :worthy: :worthy:
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Man l wonder if Akai will make a true standalone thats between the Live and X. And run on a battery. :smoker:
Last edited by Danoc on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm
LOL DAMMM! Haaahaaa
Man we are talking 94 to 98 Kid Nepro disc 3.5 floppy NYC all day long. Can't front drums were banging!
I remember going to his office to pick up my disc he said "you didn't have to come here l would of shipped it to you" l was like nah l want my disc now. He was looking at me like l was crazy. But we became cool. Man back then l was impatient! LOL l wanted everything NOW!

I got just two disc l had 2 shoe boxes full l don't know what happen to the rest. :worthy:
marctronixx wrote:BROTHA 'noc, KID NEPRO!!! Man those disks were the ISH!!!!!!!! WOW. You took me back on that one brotha... :worthy: :worthy:
By Unreallystic Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:23 pm
Icepulse wrote:A guy on the OP-1 forums made a good point about on-board effects, too. People who are accustomed to the VST world may be underwhelmed w/ the built in FX, but back in the day, effects were used very judiciously; jusssstttt a little bit to bump the sample in a direction it was lacking, until it shines. And it's true. The Live effects are tools, not crazy chop / stutter / mangle effects. Those are jobs best left to the skill of the artist's hands. You want a stutter? Tap it OUT, son!!

I love the The Live. No complaints.

I'm quoting this for myself. This was one of my "issues" early on....a lot of that is because of for what it takes to do some of that, this should have more options, but that's not really what its for. I got twisted when thinking about tying it into my live recording setup like a Boss Loopstation...was going to have my sends from my MX-1 feed the MPC Live for extended live looping and mangling, and am just underwhelmed with the mangling, but that's not its job - period.
- Unreall
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 pm
YO thanks for that, I am going to get this, this is dope, if you see an aluminum bag for the Live let me know. I am looking around and keeping my eye out on that.

Icepulse wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Yo MPCStuff just put this up for pre-order.
https://www.mpcstuff.com/akai-mpc-live-touch-studio-mpk-controller-folding-tilt-stand/

Guys..... PEEP IT! :evil:
By Danoc Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm
:nod: The Live is super compact than the 2000xl, and 5 times more powerful. I am freakin loving the compact feel of this machine. I can just pick it up and go to another room. Some times I have a beat in my head and just take it to the din knock out the beat before I forget and just roll and rock!

I still love the 2000xl though, dam!

What I am loving about the "note repeat" is you can latch it, and have it stay there where you don't have to hold it down, now I see why they put it up top like they did cause it's weird holding it and pressing the pads, I'm not use to that. Now I can jump through hihat rolls and do different ones while it's on "Overdub" Record. I can knock out hihat rolls quick and easy than when I was in Reason. Reason is easy but this is easier! LOL

By DimensionsTomorrow Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I should do a sound comparison of the two because I think the Digitakt's sound is unique compared to the Live. I would love that sound on records.

Would love to hear this. Also, I made a Digitakt Hip Hop thread on Electronauts. I'd love it if you posted some examples of stuff you've made there or on your YouTube channel. There aren't many hip hop beats with the Digitakt out there at the moment.
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:57 pm
DimensionsTomorrow wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I should do a sound comparison of the two because I think the Digitakt's sound is unique compared to the Live. I would love that sound on records.

Would love to hear this. Also, I made a Digitakt Hip Hop thread on Electronauts. I'd love it if you posted some examples of stuff you've made there or on your YouTube channel. There aren't many hip hop beats with the Digitakt out there at the moment.

Will do. Just been learning the machine at the moment with throwaway samples. On Wednesday I plan to film some stuff with the Digitakt and Live. Can't wait to show something that the Live is capable of when traveling, I'm sure Hip Hop heads will rejoice. Hell, I was bugged the **** out when I discovered it. Stay tuned. :nod: