MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm
Can't speak on the other MPCs of Nukai but the MPC500 has a beautiful sound. Don't believe me? Peep my 2014 album, The Grun Reaper Headstones. That was all MPC500, no EQs, compressors or anything in between, just raw MPC500 recorded to CD and uploaded for the masses, nothing else.

These new MPCs have somewhat of a clear transparent sound though. And like I told those snobs at GS, if these MPCs are Crystal Lake, then I'm Jason Vorhees on these ****! :mrgreen:
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Damn, I'm blown by the Digitakt. Damn, might give up my preorder for the Live. Damn...

Those effects sound really good in the Digikat. , really impressive.

Yeah, the sound was awesome and everything it did was like an MPC. I have both on preorder, but anymore vids from Elektron will probably make me reconsider the Live and use the money on a Heat. Still gonna hold out until May. If nothing comes, I do what I gotta do. :mrgreen:
By coolderb Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:
Dioe wrote: Hello
Cheers for the depressing update, akai is really getting on my tits, do you know what's the hold up this time?
Thanks

Hi,

I was actually talking to someone from Akai about this - the units themselves are ready, they're just having a bit of trouble with the software.

We'll keep updating you as and when we have more information, with new products there is always a chance of a delay - we're still waiting for an Alesis drum kit which was announced last January!

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
Rob.

Software being the reason for the holdup makes absolute sense. The Windows 10-Update thats just released could easily make some re-coding necessary. And it could effect the controller-mode as well as standalone-mode regarding e.g. data exchange with a pc...

Windows 10 receives updates every single day.
By Danoc Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 am
Its kinda dope got some stuff. But l gotta have the Live

Ill-Green wrote:Yeah, the sound was awesome and everything it did was like an MPC. I have both on preorder, but anymore vids from Elektron will probably make me reconsider the Live and use the money on a Heat. Still gonna hold out until May. If nothing comes, I do what I gotta do. :mrgreen:
By Loosecaboose Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:58 am
Danoc wrote:Its kinda dope got some stuff. But l gotta have the Live

Ill-Green wrote:Yeah, the sound was awesome and everything it did was like an MPC. I have both on preorder, but anymore vids from Elektron will probably make me reconsider the Live and use the money on a Heat. Still gonna hold out until May. If nothing comes, I do what I gotta do. :mrgreen:

the thing that kills it is mono only per track (samples cut eachother) and mono only sampling :Sigh:
even though it has stereo inputs they sum to mono when sampling :?
By Ill-Green Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 am
Danoc wrote:Its kinda dope got some stuff. But l gotta have the Live

I know the Live is gonna be dope and I got a good deal for the price, those things are keeping the Live on preorder. I just like petite things especially gear.

It was back in October, I had a yearn to buy a new sampler and something up to date to downsize my studio further. So I been "waiting" since. Any way might take it out the box when it arrives to try it.
By Ill-Green Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 am
Loosecaboose wrote:
the thing that kills it is mono only per track (samples cut eachother) and mono only sampling :Sigh:

Yeah, that doesn't bother me since I grew up sampling and producing in mono. All stereo dynamics are done in the DAW. But each to their own.
By Danoc Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:15 am
Ohhhh dammmm

Loosecaboose wrote:
By Danoc Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:19 am
I like compact too but thats to small for me.
It like a woman l dont do anorexic chicks let her have some meat on her lol

Ill-Green wrote:[
I know the Live is gonna be dope and I got a good deal for the price, those things are keeping the Live on preorder. I just like petite things especially gear.

It was back in October, I had a yearn to buy a new sampler and something up to date to downsize my studio further. So I been "waiting" since. Any way might take it out the box when it arrives to try it.
By Danoc Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:51 am
LOL LMAO OMG CTFU you are a dam nut lol

Ill-Green wrote:
These new MPCs have somewhat of a clear transparent sound though. And like I told those snobs at GS, if these MPCs are Crystal Lake, then I'm Jason Vorhees on these ****! :mrgreen:
By Loosecaboose Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 am
Ill-Green wrote:
Loosecaboose wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't bother me since I grew up sampling and producing in mono. All stereo dynamics are done in the DAW. But each to their own.

my old samplers I used to have were mono too, but I don't really want to go back to producing like that nowadays. Trying to avoid to much work in the DAW stage too. Are you adding stereo depth with the HAAS effect, or do you use stereo width plugins and that kind of stuff? Also sampling everything twice and then lining up the samples and using 2 tracks for one sample etc.. :Sigh:
By Coz Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 am
Loosecaboose wrote:Are you adding stereo depth with the HAAS effect, or do you use stereo width plugins and that kind of stuff? Also sampling everything twice and then lining up the samples and using 2 tracks for one sample etc.. :Sigh:

You don't need to use psychoacoustic processes. You'd just pan your mono samples to create your own stereo field. It's not the height of technology but it works.
By Loosecaboose Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am
Coz wrote:
Loosecaboose wrote:Are you adding stereo depth with the HAAS effect, or do you use stereo width plugins and that kind of stuff? Also sampling everything twice and then lining up the samples and using 2 tracks for one sample etc.. :Sigh:

You don't need to use psychoacoustic processes. You'd just pan your mono samples to create your own stereo field. It's not the height of technology but it works.

No that doesn't really give a proper stereo field and if you're just panning the same mono sample to the left and right you won't get any real stereo width. If you want to sample in stereo on a mono sampler you need to sample each channel individually and then hard pan the L channel left and the R channel right. Using psychoacoustic processes makes a big difference when you only have a true mono sample, duplicate the sample and shift one sample a few milliseconds behind the other then pan them hard left and right makes a very big difference to the stereo field.
By Living Bate Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 am
ModestMse wrote:
Only to get an email from Amazon.com this morning saying that they have taken the liberty to cancel my order for me entirely (thanks....appreciate that). No real reason

fuggin Filipino pirates!! :evil: