MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Yall should be angry, these are demos from beta testers. They tell Akai, people produce like that.

Yeah, no offense to anyone, but if those demos really demonstrate the skills and musical thinking of the beta testers, no wonder the software and features have been coming slowly and all that.
That stuff is weak.
By zangetsu01 Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Fanu wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Yall should be angry, these are demos from beta testers. They tell Akai, people produce like that.

Yeah, no offense to anyone, but if those demos really demonstrate the skills and musical thinking of the beta testers, no wonder the software and features have been coming slowly and all that.
That stuff is weak.

@ Illgreen I am angry.. :twisted:

@ Fanu It's weak as f*ck.. :Sigh:
By Fanu Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm
Emailed my Akai contact again…probably just to get the same "We unfortunately don't have units in stock that we could send out".
I'd love to do a video at some point.

**** wrote:It´s only logical that a wack company chooses wack beta testers, no?

Akai's marketing leaves so much to be desired :-|
By Ill-Green Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 pm
Fanu wrote:
That stuff is weak.

I produce exactly like that beta tester...

...when I get a new machine to get familiar :smoker:

But these guys had it for months, they should be andy-mac caliber at this point :lol:
By Icepulse Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:10 pm
I watch the guy demo the Digitakt; the steez of a guy that understands what sounds good.... and a guy who seems enthusiastic about the device...

Then I watch Andy, who looks like he'd rather struggle through a scalding bout of projectile diarrhea.
By Fanu Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Fanu wrote:
That stuff is weak.

I produce exactly like that beta tester...

...when I get a new machine to get familiar :smoker:

But these guys had it for months, they should be andy-mac caliber at this point :lol:

Thing is…if you do a video, you gotta prepare it beforehand a bit.
First, make a beat that sounds ok and makes some sense and is hopefully exciting.
Have a few nice things on different tracks and so on. Think what you're going to say.
Highlight some features of the device.
Honestly, doing any decent video takes some planning.
You can't expect to go all ex tempore and come up with some dopeness unless that's your main forte.