MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:20 pm
Yo l have had the Live 3 months and let me tell you from My experience the screen is dope! Im not letting anyone touch my machine but me and l handle it with extreme prejudice lol.
I love rockin that big screen l don't think about the 2000XL anymore. I am flying through that machine now the functions in it is great.

JeriKo Jackson wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:No, firmware is different. I also don't use the software.

Nice. My 1k is officially on the chopping block. I think the only thing I'll miss really is the foot switch inputs. Hope the big ass screen on the Live doesnt **** with me.

Yo I see you on the elektronauts forum too... you got a digitakt right? Dope box but they need to get the sample management together!
By Danoc Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 pm
OriginalProducer wrote:First time i finish à beat with the software & it works great :hmmm:

Why do you have a question mark after your sentence? Are you shocked it works? Lmao
By Danoc Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 pm
I went through the deepness if the live but now l understand it. Took me about 2 months cause everyday for hours l was in it. I love it. Im setting up my space so l can rock and do my thing. In standalone it has given my experience a top notch one. I make drums faster and it gets the juices flowing. Enjoy your machine...!

JeriKo Jackson wrote:Definitely a different experience coming from the legacy MPCs. Not bad, just different. I never messed with any of the software iterations. Its coming along pretty quickly but damn this thing has so many layers!! While I was waiting for my live I was messing around with Beatmaker3. I feel like the layout on that is far more streamlined. I mean on the live there are like 3 or 4 places to mute things it can get confusing. So far I like itthough.... But I dont LOVE it... yet. At this price point I HAVE to love it. Some of the workflow is just genius.... tap field turn jog wheel. Other times the workflow feels like a few steps too many with too much touch screen.

Im giving it 6 months before I make my final decision on whether to keep or sell. Things I don't like are.... How slow it takes to boot up. It feels much less substantial from a build quality standpoint than all my other MPCs. The realtime timestretch in standalone is a bit of a letdown. Lots of wonderful things... pad performance mode is amazing.

Aside from that Im pleased... not blown away. If yall havent checked out beatmaker 3 yet I suggest you do. I use my keystep, quneo, and MIDI Fighter twister with an a novation audiohub with my ipad air2 with beatmaker and its a great experience.... if file management wasnt such a chore I might have cancelled my Live preorder.

I will say I havent had any crashes even before I updated my firmware. Occassionally on power up all the demo projects and factory content would disappear! Happened a handful of times. Hasnt happened since I updated. Anyway back to it
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 pm
Ok... The OS is DEEP

The qlink mode is amazing.... Lots more to explore there... More automation control than i expected really. Slice in record mode is amazing. Re sampling has never been easier. The pads are pretty great. So many routing options. It is a chop juggernaut! They overhyped the timestretch imo.. I'm far more impressed with the other features. The sequencer rarely has to stop! Undo is powerful! No arp is weird.

It's damn ugly lol! Maybe it will grow on me. It's a dust magnet!! I wish there was a row of function keys under the touch screen. It would make navigating certain screens more efficient. I also would have liked bar and step control from the hardware... It can be accessed from the touchscreen but done this way other modes can't be accessed. Obviously can't change the design.

I think it's a keeper though. The things I love to do on mpcs are mostly intact and in most cases, a better experience... For me that means less work to get the results I want while still having fun. I haven't even hooked up my turntable yet!
Last edited by JeriKo Jackson on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:24 pm
Dust? If it matters just cover it that's s what l do and use the black cloth to clean the screen.
Indeed helps me go quicker without worries.
I love the way it looks though it mstches the all black setup l have.

Yo, speaking of QLinks l freakin love the setup Akai has dibe on the Live. They work with all the virtual knobs on the SSL 4000 on the Eastwest instruments. I was like :shock: on snap l got a knob for eveey knob. Definitely a space saver.

JeriKo Jackson wrote:Ok... The OS is DEEP

The qlink mode is amazing.... Lots more to explore there... More automation control than i expected really. Slice in record mode is amazing. Re sampling has never been easier. The pads are pretty great. So many routing options. It is a chop juggernaut! They overhyped the timestretch imo.. I'm far more impressed with the other features. The sequencer rarely has to stop! Undo is powerful! No arp is weird.

It's damn ugly lol! Maybe it will grow on me. It's a dust magnet!! I wish there was a row of function keys under the touch screen. It would make navigating certain screens more efficiently. I also would liked bar and step control from the hardware... It can be accessed from the touchscreen but done this way other modes can't be accessed. Obviously can't change the design.

I think it's a keeper though. The things I love to do on mpcs are mostly intact and in most cases, a better experience... For me that means less work to get the results I want while still having fun. I haven't even hooked up my turntable yet!
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 pm
krisp wrote:if i record bass with f.x microkorg in standalone. Will it be no latency on the audio recorded?

You can record it two ways, audio tracks or regular sampling.

I haven't utilize the audio tracks much except testing things but I been recording live performances in my Live from vocals to electric guitar and layer it over a beat just by sampling in. Then trim it like a normal sample and trigger it where it needs to be.

But no, no latency.
By krisp Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:57 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
krisp wrote:if i record bass with f.x microkorg in standalone. Will it be no latency on the audio recorded?

I haven't utilize the audio tracks much except testing things but I been recording live performances in my Live from vocals to electric guitar and layer it over a beat just by sampling in. Then trim it like a normal sample and trigger it where it needs to be.

But no, no latency.

nice nice.. >:] thank you!
By Danoc Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 pm
Yo Thats how l use to do it in the 2000XL. I'd trim to the one place it on a pad and let her rip. With the live and being in the box l don't have to do that. But l might get me a Roland Gaia SH keyboard and record directly into it with those sounds.

But nope no latency.

Ima do a vid showing cats in GS you don't need a dam interface to be on point with complex drums. Remember how they argue me down about that? You came to the rescue and said the live is an interface.

Ill-Green wrote:

But no, no latency.
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm
Danoc wrote:Yo Thats how l use to do it in the 2000XL. I'd trim to the one place it on a pad and let her rip. With the live and being in the box l don't have to do that. But l might get me a Roland Gaia SH keyboard and record directly into it with those sounds.

But nope no latency.

Ima do a vid showing cats in GS you don't need a dam interface to be on point with complex drums. Remember how they argue me down about that? You came to the rescue and said the live is an interface.

Ill-Green wrote:You can record it two ways, audio tracks or regular sampling.

But no, no latency.

GS a bunch of nut-snugglers. On my 3rd warning for no apparent reason but telling cats that two mono channels into one channel will make the signal louder and hotter but they "think" they know it all. They talking about phase cancellation when the easy fixed is to have one channel off time by a millisecond to cure phase cancel. Then they insult but when you insult back, they say I'm at fault with a pinched nerve.

I know an interface is not needed. I did my entire last album by wifi'ing the files straight to my Galaxy 5S and uploaded the movie too via phone to bandcamp :lol: and it took no longer than 30 seconds to upload 12 tracks and a movie of 30min.
By Danoc Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 pm
A lot of those cats are stupid they dont2know craaap! Ima prove them wrong live on screen. I got more knowledge in that field. They will make a pwrson spend money they dont need to spend. Yeah l straight up told dudes they would get jacked standing in front of me. Nothing but snitches. Lol their not doing with usic online too much to it.

Ill-Green wrote:GS a bunch of nut-snugglers. On my 3rd warning for no apparent reason but telling cats that two mono channels into one channel will make the signal louder and hotter but they "think" they know it all. They talking about phase cancellation when the easy fixed is to have one channel off time by a millisecond to cure phase cancel. Then they insult but when you insult back, they say I'm at fault with a pinched nerve.

I know an interface is not needed. I did my entire last album by wifi'ing the files straight to my Galaxy 5S and uploaded the movie too via phone to bandcamp :lol: and it took no longer than 30 seconds to upload 12 tracks and a movie of 30min.
By Fanu Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 pm
GS is weird. I once got a warning there because I said "iLok 2 was cracked".
That is a fact. I did not say I approve of what happened or express any opinions on it other than stated a fact.
That was when iLok 2 system was compromised by a hacker.
Was crazy; you literally were not allowed to say that aloud. They were deleting entire threads about it that were popping up every minute.
You were only allowed to beat around the bush.
Haha.
By Danoc Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:23 am
:Sigh: are you kidding me? You got a warning cause of that? lol dudes are mod drunk lol

Fanu wrote:GS is weird. I once got a warning there because I said "iLok 2 was cracked".
That is a fact. I did not say I approve of what happened or express any opinions on it other than stated a fact.
That was when iLok 2 system was compromised by a hacker.
Was crazy; you literally were not allowed to say that aloud. They were deleting entire threads about it that were popping up every minute.
You were only allowed to beat around the bush.
Haha.