MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mink Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 am
Thinking of upgrading my Studio to a Live when it is released. A few questions though...

1)I notice the Live is missing the previous/next bar transport controls the Studio has. Is this an annoyance when actually using the machine?

2)What is song mode like on the Live/2.0? It's always felt a bit more of an afterthought on previous versions and it would be good if it is refreshed.

3)One annoyance I have had is that other Akai hardware, such as the MIDIMix has always been pretty much incompatible with the MPC, largely due to the inability to sync the faders with any of the MPC's controls. I assume that is still the case, but it would be good if in the hardware/software refresh they have included some ability to map stuff like that. Can anyone confirm?
By kaydigi Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:45 pm
Mink wrote:Thinking of upgrading my Studio to a Live when it is released. A few questions though...

1)I notice the Live is missing the previous/next bar transport controls the Studio has. Is this an annoyance when actually using the machine?

2)What is song mode like on the Live/2.0? It's always felt a bit more of an afterthought on previous versions and it would be good if it is refreshed.

3)One annoyance I have had is that other Akai hardware, such as the MIDIMix has always been pretty much incompatible with the MPC, largely due to the inability to sync the faders with any of the MPC's controls. I assume that is still the case, but it would be good if in the hardware/software refresh they have included some ability to map stuff like that. Can anyone confirm?

1- You get use to it but you'll still **** about because it such an on obvious option to include.

2- It's exactly the same, confirmed by Pete and Masadas live stream.

3- unanswered and Andy didn't have that answer during the Namm q &a a.