MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Blue Monster 65 Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 pm
Just curious what people are thinking of putting in their Live. Crucial M300 1TB SSD drives are less than $300, but is there a recommended size? How much room do one-shot samples take up? Audio tracks are more, but still not that much (maybe). What are you going to do?

Honestly, I haven't messed with samplers (other than to test drive a Beat Thang for a month) since the '80's, when I had an Ensoniq Mirage! Feels weird to be on the short end of knowledge here ...
By Moho Tue May 02, 2017 2:52 pm
1TB = 1508594 Mirage disks, I think it may be enough :lol:
By Danoc Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm
2.5 sata drive 2 TB. I dont play when it comes to storsge. I already will switch over 239 GB of drums over to that hard drive when l get the Live.
The MPC Live has 16GB of internal storage. There are 10GB of studio quality sounds pre-loaded and another 6GB for you to work with.

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Just curious what people are thinking of putting in their Live. Crucial M300 1TB SSD drives are less than $300, but is there a recommended size? How much room do one-shot samples take up? Audio tracks are more, but still not that much (maybe). What are you going to do?

Honestly, I haven't messed with samplers (other than to test drive a Beat Thang for a month) since the '80's, when I had an Ensoniq Mirage! Feels weird to be on the short end of knowledge here ...
By Blue Monster 65 Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Moho wrote:1TB = 1508594 Mirage disks, I think it may be enough :lol:

Ha! Yeah - I wish I still had some of the stuff we sampled; could probably sell a ton of sample packs with the crazy crap we did. Hauled that thing all over campus and then the city. Hahahahaha!

Danoc wrote:The MPC Live has 16GB of internal storage. There are 10GB of studio quality sounds pre-loaded and another 6GB for you to work with.

I thought I read there's 2GB for the OS, which would leave 4GB to work with. Enough to start with (for me).
By Danoc Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 am
Nah bro we are talking about hard drive space not the internal sample memory which is 2gigs.

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
I thought I read there's 2GB for the OS, which would leave 4GB to work with. Enough to start with (for me).
By Blue Monster 65 Wed May 03, 2017 2:37 am
Danoc wrote:Nah bro we are talking about hard drive space not the internal sample memory which is 2gigs

Yep. That would make sense. Dunno what I was thinking (wasn't). Thanks for pointing it out!

Hopefully mine is here tomorrow or Thursday.
By Danoc Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 am
No problem bro.enjoy

Blue Monster 65 wrote:
Yep. That would make sense. Dunno what I was thinking (wasn't). Thanks for pointing it out!

Hopefully mine is here tomorrow or Thursday.
By Danoc Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 am
:WTF: Is that guy a beta tester? The hell he get a Live from? At that 2?
By marctronixx Thu May 04, 2017 1:03 pm
You gotta format the drive whilst connected to the computer. That's something I hope is added (or can BE ADDED) to the hardware machine as i have no intentions of connecting the mpc live or X to a computer.