MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.O.BEATS Fri May 19, 2017 8:58 pm
TarikhMizan wrote:I'm using the new era kid cudi rucksack. With live wrapped in a blanket lol

:lol: I'm wrapping mine in a towel and putting in my backpack

Taking it on a plane to Alaska tomorrow. We'll see if she holds up to all the traveling
By darwingrosse Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am
Blankets or towels notwithstanding, I really am looking forward to the Decksaver release for the Live. The last thing I want is the equivalent of this:

There's a little cryin' going on there!

[ddg]
By intellectronik Fri May 26, 2017 11:21 pm
@darwingrosse - OUCH. Hurts just looking at that picture. Definitely considering a Decksaver once released for the MPC Live.

In the meantime, I'm going to give this Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Redline Series Digital DJ Controller/Mixer/Player Bag a go (the overall dimensions and added customizable padding seem like it would make for a good fit overall):

https://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-BRLDIGIT ... 00456MCOM/

Tried the Multicomp case below that was previously suggested, but the fit is just not right thanks to the sub-par foam that was included (guess I was previously spoiled when I had an SKB case that would fit my old 2000XL perfectly):

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-24115
By Kovalsky Sun May 28, 2017 9:58 am
Novation Bass Station bag will do the job, mpc fits there very well, and will; have some space on top for a power supply. And hello by the way from new forum user ;)
By Unreallystic Tue May 30, 2017 6:49 pm
AkaiProAU wrote:UDG Gear's U8444BL case for the MPC Touch will be updated around August to accomodate both the MPC Touch and MPC Live.

https://www.udggear.com/udg-creator-aka ... case-black

Yeah, I think I'm going to save my cash for this. Its driving me crazy not having anything sturdy to keep my Live safe with all the travel it does. with this size I can still put it in my backpack.
- Unreall
By Ill-Green Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 pm
I know, I tell peeps to get hard cases and they all flock to the soft bookbags. Its a touchscreen device, it should be protected from outside collisions. In a bookbag, its prone to damage.

Anyway, got me a nice road case from MCM Electronics for $45.00. Customizable foam. Its made for video cameras but just the right size.

EDIT:Looks like I bought the last one :D
By Unreallystic Tue May 30, 2017 8:16 pm
Well the bookbag is convenient - its what I've used for the past few years for my other setups (namely laptop/Push, but also laptop/S2, or laptop/QuNeo/QuNexus) I actually swear by my bag, but I'm also a realist, it does NOT protect my gear. After my daughter stepped on my bag because my wife put it on the floor, I had enough, I'm getting something to protect it. That bag will fit in a bookbag (I actually use a hiking bag - water-resistant yay!), so its the best of both worlds, I can protect it and bring JUST it if I want, but if I decide to tote along a Microbrute or some other small synth (my iPad right now), its not an issue by throwing it all in the bag.

I wonder if I can find this stateside though.
-Unreall
By Ill-Green Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Well the bookbag is convenient - its what I've used for the past few years for my other setups (namely laptop/Push, but also laptop/S2, or laptop/QuNeo/QuNexus) I actually swear by my bag, but I'm also a realist, it does NOT protect my gear. After my daughter stepped on my bag because my wife put it on the floor, I had enough, I'm getting something to protect it. That bag will fit in a bookbag (I actually use a hiking bag - water-resistant yay!), so its the best of both worlds, I can protect it and bring JUST it if I want, but if I decide to tote along a Microbrute or some other small synth (my iPad right now), its not an issue by throwing it all in the bag.

I wonder if I can find this stateside though.
-Unreall

My post wasn't directed at you, just speaking in general. But for your dilema, a soft shell case would do. Put the Live in that and zip it up in your backpack :D
By Unreallystic Wed May 31, 2017 12:40 pm
Naw, I didn't take it as aimed at me, just speaking on why I use a bookbag and can see others using a bag,..its just easy. Heck this morning, I went to my studio, unplugged my audio out to my mixer, threw it in the bag, and left for work. That felt good man, to just be able to unplug a wire or two and go...so used to taking several minutes to undo wires and roll them up, then figure out how to cram everything I need into the bag without things getting messed up...I love this thing so far. Wish I had the funds to buy a couple more to experiment with (modding).
-Unreall
By marctronixx Wed May 31, 2017 1:09 pm
Indeed i was carrying the LIVE in a pelican 1550 case, but tht was a bit cumbersome for my daily trip to the "office", so someone posted the gator case (it has egg crate foam) and it has been a brilliant way to carry the LIVE. Plenty of pockets for my big AKG N90Qs plus the cables I need to sample off the tablet when I want to.

Yeah this morning I just unplugged the PSU, the midi cable and the mixing desk jacks, plopped it in the messenger bag and boom. The live is really a nice product to have plus when i get the X, the Live can live in the bag and all id have to do is unplug a flash drive from the X to the live should I need to travel.
By marctronixx Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 pm
Just when i was happy with the gator, here comes Yorg with yet another case! :worthy:

I just picked up the large one :Sigh: this site is killing me...

But thanks tho Yorg because I carry a backpack plus the gator so with the large producer bag i can carry one. :smoker:

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I think i'd go for something like this to carry with me on the plane...Will fit my Tempest and Live nicely! (maybe the Octatrack too on the front) :-P
https://www.udggear.com/producerbag/udg ... nge-inside
or
the larger one..
https://www.udggear.com/producerbag/udg ... nge-inside