MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By optik415 Sun May 14, 2017 2:17 am
I nice bag or soft case for the MPC Live would be really nice! Anyone make discovery's yet? I dont wanna just stuff this thing in a regular backpack but rather have a similar sized bag and/or softcase. Pretty sure mpcstuff will have something.
By marctronixx Sun May 14, 2017 5:26 am
I use Pelican cases almost exclusively as my experience with them the past 20 years has held up time after time with much more expensive gear.

I have about 15 Pelican cases of various sizes for my gear so it was easy for me to find one that would fit the live, and its the 1550 model. perfect fit with pick n pluck.

i would re-think using a soft case for this machine if you plan to carry it around a lot and to various locations outdoors, as that would not offer much protection.

my opinion and of course your mileage may vary...
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 am
I take my MPC Touch into the office every morning and I just bought a laptop rucksack designed for 'gaming laptops'. This one here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N3Y3J9V/

Not going to win any fashion awards, but the Touch fits inside the padded laptop section, not 100% sure if the Live will as it's twice the thickness, otherwise it will definitely fit in the main section. I manage to securely fit my Touch, 13" macbook pro (which is placed inside it's own separate sleeve), two power adapters, headphones/monitors, mouse, and various other peripherals no problem. Allegedly waterproof, it has a built in rain cover but without that it's more likely splashproof. Can probably buy off alibaba for $2, but so far it's done it's job and seems well made.
By chino Mon May 15, 2017 2:52 pm
The SKB 1SKB-SC2111 21" x 11" Soft case works. It has rigid foam around the sides and plush velour cushioning on the inside along with egg crate foam.
By marctronixx Wed May 17, 2017 7:18 am
OK I just had to grab that gator bag.

my peli case is bullet proof but with my daily carry of this machine to the "office" the "messenger" bag design sold it for me.

I can load my cans, ipad pro 13 inch, needed cables, and this ravpower power bank. Highly recommended for long flights or if you are out camping, etc:

https://www.ravpower.com/ravpower-27000 ... black.html

it has egg crate padding in the top sleeve, very sturdy bottom.

there is a bit of extra room on the sides in the sleeve where the machine goes. the bag is much larger than I thought it to be but its worth a look.

tigrhawk wrote:This might just fit the bill! -> http://gatorcases.com/products/dj-recor ... b-control/
By siciliano611 Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 pm
I just got that gator case in the mail today and its pretty good although kinda too big for this...first of all theres too much room above the mpc once you put it in the main pouch. Next, theres no zipper to close that pocket only two plastic snaps so if it was raining or somehting it definitely could get wet inside the main compartment....I'm disappointed
By marctronixx Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 pm
the gator didn't state it was waterproof in the description on the gator site, so this is not surprising.

its a messenger bag and is designed as such. the extra pockets and zippered pouches fit all the items i need, and with that powerbank, the extra space inside the bag helps to keep the bag from being "overstuffed" with items.

for those playing along at home: The G-CLUB CONTROL dimensions are Interior Length 19” Interior Width 14” Interior Height 3.5”. The external pocket dimensions are 8.5” X 8.75” X 3”.

I knew before i bought it that the size was larger than what the live needed, but i knew i would use the space for cables and other items.

there's a good reason there are many other products out there so we all can choose what works for us. if im going to be in a club or harsh environment, this sucker goes in a pelican case. if im going to the "office" , this messenger style bag will fit the bill for me.

of course, your milage may vary.. :)