MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:39 pm
Ye nice stuff man 8) Glad i've helped :wink:
marctronixx wrote:Just when i was happy with the gator, here comes Yorg with yet another case! :worthy:

I just picked up the large one :Sigh: this site is killing me...

But thanks tho Yorg because I carry a backpack plus the gator so with the large producer bag i can carry one. :smoker:

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I think i'd go for something like this to carry with me on the plane...Will fit my Tempest and Live nicely! (maybe the Octatrack too on the front) :-P
https://www.udggear.com/producerbag/udg ... nge-inside
or
the larger one..
https://www.udggear.com/producerbag/udg ... nge-inside
By intellectronik Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:00 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I went hard and got me this for $42 bucks from MCM Electronics with customizable foam. Fits the Live like a **** couch potato on a sofa.

Hey Ill-Green - would you mind posting a link to this case? Looks perfect!

How hard was it with the cut-outs? I tried another MCM (Multicomp) case, but the foam was a real P.I.T.A. to cut to the right size.

Thanks
By Ill-Green Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:56 am
intellectronik wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I went hard and got me this for $42 bucks from MCM Electronics with customizable foam. Fits the Live like a **** couch potato on a sofa.

Hey Ill-Green - would you mind posting a link to this case? Looks perfect!

How hard was it with the cut-outs? I tried another MCM (Multicomp) case, but the foam was a real P.I.T.A. to cut to the right size.

Thanks

I bought the last one, but its by Duratool. And the foam was soft, no need for knife because the little foam blocks can be cutted out with your finger like popping a gang of chicks at once. Smell your fingers and it smells like foam though. All that customizable foam is pre-cutted with hundreds of square inch blocks.
By Ill-Green Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:15 am
cmackg wrote:Was it this one?
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... 0-/22-8125

I hacked together a version of it from Amazon....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NP ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A7 ... UTF8&psc=1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282273087270?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

And hot glue....

Nah, none of those. Once something is sold its gone at MCM. They were limited handmade edition jammies, only 35 made kinda deal. I have the original pic on page 2. But goes no where now.
By [email protected] Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:52 am

u might want to pull or trim a little foam out of the top part where the knobs protrude. otherwise the knobs grab the foam, and when the machine shifts around inside, the weight of the machine moves against the knobs held in place. protect that main wheel. doesnt seem like a huge problem with the live and its 5.5 pounds and mostly low profile knobs, but with tr-909 and others its a huge problem and makes the decksavers worth the extra price.
By Dioe Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:00 am
Has anyone got a soft case with a hard shell ? If so link us up thanks. I don't want a flight case style,
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm
[email protected] wrote:

u might want to pull or trim a little foam out of the top part where the knobs protrude. otherwise the knobs grab the foam, and when the machine shifts around inside, the weight of the machine moves against the knobs held in place. protect that main wheel. doesnt seem like a huge problem with the live and its 5.5 pounds and mostly low profile knobs, but with tr-909 and others its a huge problem and makes the decksavers worth the extra price.

Actually it fits snug. The lid itself gives it enough room for the knob. I originally had it deeper within the case but testing it, I can feel the Live tipping over inside, back and forth. So thats that :-D
By marctronixx Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:25 pm
I got the producer large udg backpack. It has a cool cute way to lock the zippers for the main compartment.

Currently with assorted wires, i have an akai mpk225, ipad 12.9 incher, portable anker powerbank (can output AC power ), arturia Audiofuse, AKG N90Q's, and space for the MPC Live. I have space for keys, wallet, phones, and that nonsense. It really is a great bag!!!

Unreallystic wrote:I'm still waiting on that UDG case, that will be PERFECT for me. My subscription for their site didn't go through though so I'll have to keep manually checking.
-Unreall
By richie Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:35 am
Some of you are acting like you aren't putting the MPC in your purses.
By Danoc Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 am
Yo thats dope l want one!

By Danoc Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 am
Yo Green which case is that? I seen 2 other ones l like but l like the one you got.

What's the dimensions on that Live again
? Thanks
Ill-Green wrote:Actually it fits snug. The lid itself gives it enough room for the knob. I originally had it deeper within the case but testing it, I can feel the Live tipping over inside, back and forth. So thats that :-D
By Icepulse Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:25 am
Danoc wrote:Yo Green which case is that? I seen 2 other ones l like but l like the one you got.

What's the dimensions on that Live again
? Thanks
Ill-Green wrote:Actually it fits snug. The lid itself gives it enough room for the knob. I originally had it deeper within the case but testing it, I can feel the Live tipping over inside, back and forth. So thats that :-D

16.7" x 8.8" x 2.7"