MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By starmanwarz Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am
It's not just UK prices, it's Europe in general.

Don't forget that it's the second time they increase the price, X was 1800 like a month ago, 1900 until yesterday and now 2200.

Who knows, at this rate it could cost 8499 by the time it gets released.

I'm not gonna play this game though, I've been dealing with all this shit since January and I am really tired and disappointed.
By TheUnfuckwithable Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Who knows, at this rate it could cost 8499 by the time it gets released.

:lol:

Greedy bastard Jack would be happy as hell, though. Just imagine the profit margin for that piece of junk...erm...the "X" where all it´s parts combined don´t cost more than $100.

And we all know that Nukai only uses the cheapest parts available...
By jpeg Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hopefully UK buyers take a stand and refuse to purchase at the higher price. Can you imagine Apple announcing the new iPad was to cost £399 and then a week before launch they upped the price by 25% to £499?

this is wishful thinking u know people are fiend-ing they will pay for whatever, as we want the product but we have no other choice.

plus the wait has been so long peeps r even more eager, so they will have no issue selling those higher priced units.
By Wormhelmet Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm
jpeg wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Hopefully UK buyers take a stand and refuse to purchase at the higher price. Can you imagine Apple announcing the new iPad was to cost £399 and then a week before launch they upped the price by 25% to £499?

this is wishful thinking u know people are fiend-ing they will pay for whatever, as we want the product but we have no other choice.

plus the wait has been so long peeps r even more eager, so they will have no issue selling those higher priced units.

Well, some people. Some people realize this was released with a bunch of bugs and is going to take a while most likely to fix stuff so waiting was already planned and now can wait until prices drop again so cost vs functionality is on a much better ratio.
By Coz Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm

It's a total piss take. :Sigh:

Anyway, I just ordered the X from Dawsons at £1549 and they've promised to honour the price even if it goes up.
By Dioe Wed May 17, 2017 7:09 pm
Coz wrote:
Anyway, I just ordered the X from Dawsons at £1549 and they've promised to honour the price even if it goes up.

Dawsons are a good company, I've bought several things from their shops before now, (electribes/ microKORG) before I bought the microkorg, they guy told me to comeback and purchase it next week, as they were knocking £40 quid off :worthy: in a stock clearance sale, the price you pay on the site is the price you'll pay :) as for the price rise I had to look at this twice http://sxpro.co.uk/akai-mpc-live-deposi ... oCTJXw_wcB
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm
Dioe wrote: as for the price rise I had to look at this twice http://sxpro.co.uk/akai-mpc-live-deposi ... oCTJXw_wcB

Yeah, looks like they are gaming the 'Google Shopping' system to get to the top of the pile for 'MPC Live' searches. Seen a few of these recently.

Also noticed a couple more retailers moving up to £969 (Red Dog and guitarguitar). Not looking good on that front.
By Dioe Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Dioe wrote: as for the price rise I had to look at this twice http://sxpro.co.uk/akai-mpc-live-deposi ... oCTJXw_wcB

Yeah, looks like they are gaming the 'Google Shopping' system to get to the top of the pile for 'MPC Live' searches. Seen a few of these recently.

Also noticed a couple more retailers moving up to £969 (Red Dog and guitarguitar). Not looking good on that front.

Cheeky ****, I do feel for those who haven pre ordered, I'm just hoping that those peeps that have pre ordered get them first and they don't go out to the shop floor, now that would piss me right off :twisted: since my pre order was early feb
By Eightysix69 Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Idk about all you European and Aussie folks but here stateside they're still runnin' $1199 and $2199. Don't put that raised prices evil on us.
By Ill-Green Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 pm
This is why I tell people to preorder, you lock your price and availability until release. And during the wait you can shop for deals to lower your price even more.

Other note, Thomann still offering the Live to me for $839.00 still.

EDIT-Ugh my bad, that was a bookmark. Thomann offering me $1005.00 for the Live...