MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Coz Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 am
Dioe wrote:Dawsons are a good company, I've bought several things from their shops before now, (electribes/ microKORG) before I bought the microkorg, they guy told me to comeback and purchase it next week, as they were knocking £40 quid off :worthy: in a stock clearance sale, the price you pay on the site is the price you'll pay :)

That's good to know. :nod:

I didn't want to part with any money until the X drops but I couldn't stomach paying another 250 quid on top of something that's already pricey.
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 am
jpeg wrote:dunno why peeps is so concerned with the price hike; yes its cheeky but most of these companies will off price matching, and there several companies that are sticking with to £799 price.

Yes it's fine if it's just a handful of companies randomly upping the price, but it's a bit odd that they would increase price by 20+% for no apparent reason, so if Akai are increasing the UK/EU RRP it won't be long before they all up the price to £969. At that point there's little scope when it comes to price matching.
By Moho Thu May 18, 2017 11:56 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
jpeg wrote:dunno why peeps is so concerned with the price hike; yes its cheeky but most of these companies will off price matching, and there several companies that are sticking with to £799 price.

Yes it's fine if it's just a handful of companies randomly upping the price, but it's a bit odd that they would increase price by 20+% for no apparent reason, so if Akai are increasing the UK/EU RRP it won't be long before they all up the price to £969. At that point there's little scope when it comes to price matching.

I think they are just chancing their arm a few weeks ago GAK upped the price and when no one else joined in they dropped it back. As long as one company sticks to the £799 the others will have to follow :nod:
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 18, 2017 2:04 pm
Exchange rate certainly hasn't significantly changed since the original pricing announcement in January. 20% is a massive price increase, even if they were having problems with distribution (which might be somehow related to Brexit), I seriously doubt that would justify charging an extra £180 on the Live. Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous all ways you look at it, especially considering the thing is still running beta software. Price should be going down not up :)

However I think it's still early days to claim the RRP has risen to 969, not until the majority of shops are charging that.
By Chillin Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Wooooww..!! I'm so glad that I preordered the motha fvcka..!! :mrgreen:

Baxshop NL has raised the price with 300 euros. Do you know how much that is..!!!

It's at 2199 euro's right now and when I preordered it was 1799 euros. I got 10% off with a coupon dropping the price to 1619 euros. :popcorn:

Yep, and the way things look now the delivery will be next week (4 days wait).

Some stores still have the old price, but for how long?
By starmanwarz Thu May 18, 2017 5:05 pm
Chillin wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Wooooww..!! I'm so glad that I preordered the motha fvcka..!! :mrgreen:

Baxshop NL has raised the price with 300 euros. Do you know how much that is..!!!

It's at 2199 euro's right now and when I preordered it was 1799 euros. I got 10% off with a coupon dropping the price to 1619 euros. :popcorn:

Yep, and the way things look now the delivery will be next week (4 days wait).

Some stores still have the old price, but for how long?

How did you figure that out? The X is not coming until July.
By matt underwood Thu May 18, 2017 6:37 pm
I'm soooo happy i've ordered my mpc in january and had to paid just around 730euro / 815 dollars for it. (my local store had it for that price at the beginning) :smoker:
By starmanwarz Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm
Oh look, another retailer posting a random date, how rare. Must be the same info which indicated a March release.

It's not happening, I can guarantee you that. You gotta be patient, it's going to be a looooong wait until July/August.
By zangetsu01 Thu May 18, 2017 9:30 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Oh look, another retailer posting a random date, how rare. Must be the same info which indicated a March release.

It's not happening, I can guarantee you that. You gotta be patient, it's going to be a looooong wait until July/August.

As much as I want it to be within these couple of days my trust is completely gone.. Best to settle for july/august so the wait is endurable..
By Chillin Fri May 19, 2017 9:59 am
For those who had money on a price drop. I think it's not going to happen. All other stores who had the old price up adapted to the new price. One company even claimed that the original price was 2.661 euros, and the price dropped to 2.199,00 euros.

https://www.tonecontrol.eu/akai-mpc-x
By starmanwarz Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 am
I personally didn't expect to see a price drop before launch.

Maybe it will start dropping 6 months or so after release, depending on sales.

I'm gonna wait and see what happens, there's no way I'm paying 2,200 euros though.