MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Unreallystic Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 pm
Stand Alone
So I was looking at various MIDI keyboards to use with the MPC Live, I have the KMI QuNexus, but the additional controls currently trigger some of the other parameters. The CME XKey was my top draft pick previously, but I started wondering if there were any synths at a comparable price range that could fuinction as a MIDI keyboard and sound source. Was looking at the BassStation 2, the Microbrute etc, when I noticed that the Korg Monologue does have a battery option (6 AA 6-8 hours). It also has a small form factor (like 14"x10").

I was wondering what other options people were looking at for portable production. I've been using the iPad, but want MIDI control.
-Unreall
By Cockdiesel Wed May 17, 2017 3:02 pm
Sound good for portable. The effects and sample routin on live work great for capturing stuff. Also consider that the usb can power stuff too so any usb midi keys can be made portable. Th advance series is quality and not too expensive. The Roland boutique series may be good too if your looking for a smaller footprint. They sound great but I outputs kinda suck in my opinion bu midi wise would work good
By sleesmpc Mon May 22, 2017 5:53 pm
I have both and plan on using them as the foundation as a portable rig, but am still in the process of moving/converting all my tracks from Ableton into my MPC. Once I've got that done, i will start experimenting with them more. I am hoping i can use the Live's inputs for the Monologue and thus skip the need for a mixer.
By Unreallystic Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm
tsutek wrote:Monologue would be a great companion for the live.

I plan on using my keystep for keyb duties. I love the form factor. I also have a qunexus but find the keys are too small for my taste.

My QuNexus kept moving my Pan to the left...that's what got me to start looking for other options. I'm sure I could change something in settings, but changing it back and forth would be frustrating...plus this is an excuse to add to my fledgling synth collection.
-Unreall