MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TarikhMizan Sat May 20, 2017 11:44 pm
I'm looking but don't see any.

marctronixx wrote:i was told from an akai rep that the screws were supposed to be in the bag with the manual.
if they are not in there, contact parts and they will send some.

clearly most of us just found some screws elsewhere, but yes the live is supposed to come with screws.

i have two attached to the ssd . you don't need 4.
By marctronixx Sun May 21, 2017 5:58 am
you are not alone. if you really want them, reach out to their parts depo and they will send some. this is per the akai rep.
By Unreallystic Mon May 22, 2017 2:40 pm
marctronixx wrote:i was told from an akai rep that the screws were supposed to be in the bag with the manual.
if they are not in there, contact parts and they will send some.

clearly most of us just found some screws elsewhere, but yes the live is supposed to come with screws.

i have two attached to the ssd . you don't need 4.

Ah, that's right, I didn't get a manual #ShadeThrown
-Unreall
By handed Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 pm
I'm looking to get a 120 or 128gb sata SSD. Which ones have worked without problems? Looks like some people have been having problems with Western Digital and Samsung, and OWC looks expensive. Anyone?
By kaydigi Wed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm
handed wrote:I'm looking to get a 120 or 128gb sata SSD. Which ones have worked without problems? Looks like some people have been having problems with Western Digital and Samsung, and OWC looks expensive. Anyone?

SanDisk 120gb for $60 at bestbuy. I have a 240gb which works fine .
By marctronixx Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 am
5 people post they have an issue with an SSD out of hundreds of folks across the world with these in their hands already does not mean there are issues with SSDs.

i'm going on 3 weeks with the live and a OLD samsung 256gb ssd i pulled out of a drawer. i have had ZERO issues with this SSD and its about 2 years old.

format to exfat, ntfs (thats what i did) or hfs+ and you should be golden. no need to get a 1tb drive... just get half tb or quarter tb and be done.