MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TarikhMizan Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm
So the MPC live is here. X is on the way, so is this what we wanted from the first standalone mpc in this new range since renaissance. It's not perfect but it's close, hope to see a lot of support and upgrades. What do you guys think will take these machines to next level?
By AikiGhost Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:19 am
Id like a decent built in synth in stand-alone mode. It doesn't have to be a super complex world beating CPU hog.

Someting simple with 2 or 3 oscs, noise, 2 or 3 envs, a couple of assignable LFOs decent filters and FX that's it basically.
By mrcrappypantson Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:55 pm
I disagree about it needing a synth. This is a sampler. I'd rather Akai focus on deeper synthesis and automation before writing digital oscillator code that will likely be sub par anyway.

Here are a shit ton of single cycle waveforms to use instead of requesting the synth.
https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/
By pixie42 Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:50 pm
A small VA onboard synth would make the mpc live the best portable workstation ever created.
Even if I have tons of HW synths, a simple and straightforward onboard synth is on the top of my wish list
By Automageddon Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:35 pm
For as much as I used and loved the Synth on the 5k (and I'd love to see the same on the Live, I would rather see sidechaining and better reverbs...
By Danoc Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:31 pm
Cant we connect a midi keyboard to the Live and use the synth dounds in the vault? Just asking.
I would like to see a nice synth in it that is dope. Not made just for EDM either.
By BremenCole Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 am
Only had my Live about 2 weeks, and love it. eBayed my 2 year old Touch and all is well,

Since it seems Akai has a relationship with the Propeller Heads, give us Thor. All I need.

Using my iPad as a Synth Module now and works great. But Thor in the box..... would be magic.
By Blue Haze Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm
mrcrappypantson wrote:I disagree about it needing a synth. This is a sampler. I'd rather Akai focus on deeper synthesis and automation before writing digital oscillator code that will likely be sub par anyway.

Here are a **** ton of single cycle waveforms to use instead of requesting the synth.
https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

Thank you and I co sign a sampler is already a synth. Loop a sample and make a program and use the build in synthesis tools on hand.
By theabstract Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm
i think a built in synth would be awesome.. would really make this more of a complete workstation.. arp, sliding notes, and sidechain also needed.. all in standalone mode
By Fuseball Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm
I think the only things a simple synth would add, beyond what we can already do with the sampler, is maybe PWM and oscillator sync. I'm getting great mileage out of the Adventure Kid single waves. It's hard to see what a VA synth could give me extra unless it had some seriously characterful modelled filters.

I'd rather get another LFO or two into the sampler and a high-quality ambient reverb. Those are the things I'm missing.
By Automageddon Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 am
The 5K had a synth built-in, sounded quite good too but at this stage, I would rather have sidechain and/or better reverbs than a synth.

Sure, a synth would make the Live the ultimate desert island synth, just bring a solar charger.
By Fanu Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 am
Would still like to see:

• track sorting
• PDC on software
• using the touch screen for automation lanes
• being able to delete specific automation on a track (as opposed to all)