MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am
Fanu wrote:Would still like to see:

• track sorting
• PDC on software
• using the touch screen for automation lanes
• being able to delete specific automation on a track (as opposed to all)

Cosign... I've been wanting a better way to handle automation data in standalone since the beginning.

Also on my list are

Xfade loops
Free running LFOs
Multitimbral Input
By Automageddon Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:45 am
I forgot about it,
EVENT EDITING IN STANDALNOE MODE (and don't give me any of that "edit list" crap)
X-fade loops.
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 pm
xfade loops aside, one of the big improvements in the new MPCs within the editor is the ability to hit pad 16 and have the sample loop and continue playing while adjusting start, end and loop points which are updated without having to retrigger playback, I get pretty smooth loops this way. As we know Xfade is makes the whole process easier and gives a smoother and more natural decay and release for most material.
By Schmidi Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 am
I was getting pretty bad loop clicks until I switched to the better time stretch algorithms in options.
By JeriKo Jackson Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:00 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Sorry people but Disk streaming & Multi-Timbral support are the most critical ones for the next update...

Multitimbral input is a big one no doubt. I have been kickin that dead horse for months lol!

Disk streaming is not essential for me but understand why it is for some.

It is my understanding that these are both on the road map of development
By Coz Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 pm
How does disk streaming work exactly?? :oops:

What remains in ram when you're working on a project?
By Fanu Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Coz wrote:How does disk streaming work exactly?? :oops:

What remains in ram when you're working on a project?

E.g., with Octatrack, you can basically choose via the track type whether you're going to stream or load it into ram.
By default, if you stream from the disk, well, it will stream from the disk, and it also won't save it to the project folder unless you specifically want to.
By Danoc Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:36 am
Hmmm, Thor? I'd rather see all Air instruments in the Live/X.
Reason instruments could be Europa, or Grain Sampler, IMO. Akai needs to get a relationship with Eric Persing (Spectrasonics) and put Omnisphere 2 in it. Ya'll will lose your crap minds! :nod: 8) :popcorn:

BremenCole wrote:Since it seems Akai has a relationship with the Propeller Heads, give us Thor. All I need.