MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ill-Green Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 pm
**** wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Was thinking of installing a cross-flow fan on the side panel or maybe inside if it can fit.

So you guys still need to modify your Nukai gear in order for it to work properly?

Priceless!

:Sigh:

At least Akai still makes a standalone :P
Good luck with your new accordian.
By Icepulse Sun May 21, 2017 10:50 pm
Fanu wrote:
**** wrote:So you guys still need to modify your Nukai gear in order for it to work properly?

Priceless!

:Sigh:

Well, hell, we Nukai fanboys have already written an EP in the time that it takes your MV to load a beat and a few samples :P

:nod:
By Gnome Tone Sun May 21, 2017 10:52 pm
This type of gear shouldn't get hot in two hours of use in a sweat lodge, the Live is a small piece of gear, not a 48 channel analog mixing board from the before Zeus. It's 2017 and the machine should run ice cold. Could be a power problem from home wiring, maybe check that by plugging other gear into the same outlet. Otherwise, I'd be seriously concerned about the power regulation in the machine.
By earthchain Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm
Haha thanks for the replies and laughs,

yeah I think there's probably something amiss. That area starts heating up pretty much right when I turn the unit on. It's never burning hot, but its significantly hotter than any other part of the touchscreen or any other part of the machine.

Don't think it's a home wiring issue either, since it gets hot when plugged in or when its running on the internal battery.
By richie Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 am
Suggesting that home wiring is an issue for something that is literally as powerful as a modern mid tier smart phone is ridiculous.
By Icepulse Wed May 24, 2017 3:44 pm
I used mine for a good (3) hours last night, and i only barely detected slight warmth on the screen. And if I hadn't read about it here, I probably would never have noticed. Subtle and, in my mind, totally normal.
By Mikepepp2004 Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 pm
I got a height adjustable USB laptop stand with built in fans under mine dirt cheap on amazon like 15 bucks. Should help haven't tried powering it by the live yet but my live doesn't get really hot anyway on the stand it is vented on bottom to help heat dissipate instead of sitting on a flat surface like a desk .
By Meskaven Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Yeah mines the same, as you say its not burning hot but definitely warmer on the left side of the screen, I'm on holiday this week so will be using it a lot in standalone and controller mode. Also will use it plugged and unplugged, i will feedback once I've give it a good test.