MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By emdog Tue May 23, 2017 9:57 pm
Does anyone know if Akai is going to release some sort of CV option for the live?
By marctronixx Wed May 24, 2017 5:13 am
most likely not since their flagship will have it. wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint.
By darwingrosse Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am
On my smaller system, I use this:

http://mutable-instruments.net/modules/yarns

Not only does it work perfectly, it is configurable in a ton of ways, and also provides a really neat step recorder that is useful in some circumstances. But the timer functions (with a configurable time divider) is perfect for in-sync work with the sequencer.

[ddg]
By Ill-Green Wed May 24, 2017 1:41 pm
Another alternative, if you have a piece of gear that already has CV, just MIDI up the Live with that.
By Zplane ROC Wed May 24, 2017 6:48 pm
Akai has yet to say exactly what changes to the specs the MPC X CV outs will be. Akai could decide to add LFO and Envelopes to the CV outputs with an OS release update and that would put it solidly up against any of these Midi=>CV breakout boxes that only output triggers, pitch, and Gate. Akai hasn't said one way or the other about if they are considering giving the MPC X this functionality in their OS release timeline, but if they did it would solidify the MPC X as the premier all-one sequencer/sampler on the market.
By CFM01 Wed May 24, 2017 7:16 pm
I'm assuming I'll be able to use my Pro-Solo MkII to convert midi time code into CV. I would have preferred a CV and gate out than the turntable inputs but I suppose it goes against what an MPC is for?
By wavejockey Thu May 25, 2017 5:37 am
you assume much
there is no mention of MTC conversion in the kenton manual
midi clock on the other hand...
(in fact i know no device capable of transfering MTC to CV/...)