MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By str8 bangaz Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 am
I just hooked up my mpc live and installed the 2.0 software on my mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) and after a few minutes the audio starts making a weird noise and then totally goes mute. When i hit a pad I still see the levels on the mpc but I cannot hear anything. Then when I go to the preference menu I do not see the mpc live as an audio output option all of a sudden. I also look at my mac preferences and all of a sudden I do not see the mpc live as an audio output option. WTF
By Zuko714 Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
I've had the same issues with the MPC live, everything is working fine then randomly you hear a weird noise almost like the volume is cutting out then no sound at all, then for some reason the mpc live powers down. I actually returned the unit thinking it might be defective and the same thing happened with the new one? Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
By str8 bangaz Wed May 24, 2017 2:43 am
This sucks man. I had no such issues with my mpc ren. I sent an email to Akai support a few hours ago, waiting for a reply. My Mac is only approx. 2 years old so it can't be that. Now when I attempt to switch to standalone mode the unit keeps shutting down. If this continues Akai can just refund me my money back and I will get the touch. Smfh
By Glm Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am
Same issue here. I use the touch with 2.0.
Quitting mpc sw and restart usually helps.
By evilthree Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 am
My first one had that problem it worked for a few seconds to a minute then made a static sound and audio stopped working. Akai replaced it took about 1 week.