MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TreHolla Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 pm
Akai added those CV outputs, but not 8 more output channels. But I can't get one though.
By TreHolla Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 pm
also it should be more like 24, 32,to even 64. to justify that bigger price tag considering the fact that it is a "standalone/hybrid" sampler/drum machine in a computer prevalent music climate. does anyone know the actual architecture or engineering design/aspect of how splitting/outputting an audio signal actually works?

serious question. seeing as how in order to get a job doing quality assurance and product testing requires degrees in engineering and all of that.

here's an idea. add another row, and make it at least sixteen and then split/firewire connectivity should allow you to simultaneously multi track, send effects/with effects from the box and all that to your firewire mixer.

and with regards to practicality, why add cv's and not more output channels?

i know getting one of these is probably tough and super top secret, but you know you gotta let me get one of these mpc x's.
By Ill-Green Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 pm
Well the X does have 8 outs, do you mean it should have 16 outs? That would most likely be found on a standalone DAW like Tascam's DP series. Tracking out 8 tracks at a time is suffient for a drum sampler imo.
By TreHolla Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 am
But since we're at the X, shouldn't there be at least 16 outs? 16 fills a 16 channel mixer, 24 fills a 24 channel mixer, and 32 fills a 32 channel mixer. with ease and immediate connectivity. I don't have to tell you how much easier that would be as far as practicality.

That emphasizes and makes it that much more attractive, does it not? To know you can connect it to your firewire mixer means that its ability to utilize new technology increases drastically. How much easier would it be to connect your mpc to pro tools assuming you already had a pro tools rig? But that's what MPC Software is for right? But what happens if you want to do another mix, what happens if you already have a pro tools set up and you want to mix the stuff you do on your mpc X, on the pro tools rig you already invested in.

Running audio out of a standard 16 outs in a multi-tracking situation is clearly beneficial. Workflow is still the primary concern. So from making the beat to the mixing stage, how do we (see? I'm team akai) improve it and make it more efficient?

Forgive me if I've ruled out the CV's and I don't know anything about how they can be used. But I can say if I didn't ever know about CV's but they added outputs firewire 16,24,32 audio signal channel split-send group feature becomes that much more evidently necessary.

See? Not only is it standalone capable, (which it should have been since the studio and renaissance days) but it can bring back the sessions and projects of older mpcs (a very crucial feature) BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT, people that have grown used to or already have PRO TOOLS rigs, now have more of an incentive to purchase one. you can mix on pro tools without having to learn mpc software, or as you learn mpc software. so you can bring back a beat from an mpc 60 or 3000 or 2000xl and use those outs to connect to pro tools, and all those old files with floppys and zip drives get mixed too!

Pro Tools is here to stay. They have all these courses, certifications, and schools dedicated to teaching how to use Pro Tools. MPC Software should be comparable. But the MPC X itself as a hardware unit, should be able to immediately/"hybrid-ly" connect to a Pro Tools interface with minimal confusion.

Who do I have to talk to, to get one of these? I know they don't want to have just anyone with one before they come out, but come on now? Should we do a quick poll and see if other MPC users would think that a feature upgrade like the one I described would be useful and something that should be added? Do we even need to do a poll for that?