MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By matt underwood Sun May 28, 2017 6:53 pm
ringmaker wrote:wanna replace my 2500 with the x.
is the live/x able to load jjos projects?
and what about older akai files like .pgm and .akp .snd etc?

I can't speak for the jjos, but older files are working with the live. I tried it with my projects from my mpc 2000xl using a usb zip drive and so far so good. :smoker:
By ringmaker Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 am
matt underwood wrote:

I can't speak for the jjos, but older files are working with the live. I tried it with my projects from my mpc 2000xl using a usb zip drive and so far so good. :smoker:

no problems at all? sequences, loops, start and endpoints, layers. all good? thats great to hear thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Which JJOS version? The newer ones don't load as well as the 'free jjos' ones. Otherwise it loads legacy okay, but you'll need to tweak envelopes, filters, lfo, mixer levels etc. No effects are transferred so they all need to be added from scratch.
By ringmaker Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Which JJOS version? The newer ones don't load as well as the 'free jjos' ones. Otherwise it loads legacy okay, but you'll need to tweak envelopes, filters, lfo, mixer levels etc. No effects are transferred so they all need to be added from scratch.

ok thanks!
By psoul Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:47 am
i've just tried the akp, they Mpc Live doesn't translate amp and filter envelope at all, is just every program stuck at the same settings, a bit of pain

anyone else tried this?
By sleepytm Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am
i had mpc1000 and jjos3, so i'm trying to load my old project into mpc live (or mpc2.0, don't matter) and it's a mess.
samples play a bit faster and higher in pitch (like on another samplerate), but when i go to 'sample edit' menu, they play ok. trying to reload them - same shit happens.
also there's some shit added, like 'vel-attack' parameter is always 25. and also all stuff played with '16-levels>tune' mode is gone, it plays only one note now.
but ok, i've decided to make a new program with same sounds, and just switch them in sequence. i made it, loaded samples to same pads, but when i switched my drum program to this new one, my sequence moved it's notes to another pads. so i need to manually correct this mess. well, at least pitch is ok now.
By Fudge Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:18 pm
I've been speaking to AKAI for the last couple of weeks about this very point. I've just bought the LIVE as I would like to upgrade from the 2000XL.

I've had no problems with converting my samples and programs over from the 2000XL. The problem I am having, and it's a big one for me, is when you try to play a .SEQ or MIDI file. Even though AKAI says that there is no compatability problems, in practice, there are huge issues playing these type of files. I was told by AKAI that I wouldn't have the same experience using it in controller mode (as a opposed to Standalone), but again I found mostly the same problems. I also found out that the LIVE won't play SYSEX information, so as a sequencer for controlling external synths, the LIVE in a live situation is pretty useless. I'm very probably selling mine and am yet to find a worthy replacement to my 2000XL.
By poltergeist6 Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:21 am
I connected my mpc 1k to my Live via USB and loaded a couple sessions into my Live and noticed a couple slight differences but nothing so drastic that it ruined the music. I just got my Live a few days ago though so there are a few new experiments I need to run to be able to confirm my suspicions. Im actively learning a new workflow with my live so i need to dial in a few new habits and break some old ones first.